Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Relative Finder

So I was introduced to a brand new family history thing today.

Okay...brand new to me.
As everyone here in college town and happy valley seems to assume everyone knows everything about everything....

But I've found it really cool!

It's called Relative Finder.
Created somewhere in BYU.

And what it does...
Is that it goes through and finds your cousins.
Finds people you're related to.

Curious to see if you're related to any U.S. Presidents?
You can find out here!
Famous People.
Here.
Pioneers.
Here.
Mayflower.
Here.
Royalty.
Here.
It's totally crazy!!!

There's people I'm related to that I had no idea I was related to!

For example:
  •  U.S. President William Harrison is my first cousin 7 times removed.
  • Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the 12 Apostles is my 4th cousin 1 time removed.
  • Previous Prophet Harold B. Lee is my 4th cousin twice removed.
  • William Brewster and William Bradford both came on the Mayflower and both are my 9th great great uncles.
  • U.S President Benjamin Harrison and Herbert Hoover are my third cousins 5 times removed
  • Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson are my 2nd cousins 10 times removed.
On and on it can go!
Constitution and Declaration of Independence Signers, Book of Mormon Witnesses, Most of the current Apostles and many of the deceased Apostles, Joseph Smith, Hyrum Smith, Queen Victoria, Elvis Presley, Amelia Earhart, Walt Disney...

Frankly I'm overwhelmed!
Who knew I had so many famous cousins!
It's amazing.
I already knew bits of it, of stories my family have told me.
But this...this gives me names and shows me how we are connected.
O.o
Totally crazy!

Relative Finder.
https://roots-fb.cs.byu.edu/

You guys really should check it out!

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I remember that my family and I were returning from a vacation, and my brother was driving, we were enjoying ourselves talking about the games we had played, when suddenly the car swerved, I looked up to see us on a cliff face that bordered the ocean, and my brother had nearly taken us off the cliff!! For a moment I thought we were saved, that he managed to save us...but the car skidded sideways...tumbled....headed to the water.
(I jerked awake. Fell back asleep.)
My sister and some friends were gathered together working on a project at school. And it involved the restrooms...or us trying to get ready in a decrepit one....

-S.N.D


No comments:

Post a Comment