Friday, March 27, 2015

Tacozanga Strikes Twice!

Never go shopping when you're hungry.
Well known rule.
If you want to spend a lot of money....that's when you go.
Because everything looks good.
As opposed to when you're not hungry, stuffed really.
Then nothing looks good, and you don't spend a lot of money.

Well, yesterday, I went shopping.....obviously when I was hungry.
I'd been craving Tacozanga. That recipe I'd made over a month ago.
I wanted to make it again.
And I knew last time what I'd made...could use some improvements. More of some things. Less of others.
And because I was hungry.
I ended up basically doubling the recipe.
Why not?
I already knew that my friends in college town loved it.
I already knew that I could eat the leftovers and still love it.
So, it was a win win situation.

In any case.
When I'd spent too much money and come home with my spoils.
I didn't just put it in the fridge to wait for another day.
No.
I set right off to cooking.
Because I had a question.
I use TatorTots, and the one thing I'd noticed about eat the left overs....is that there's a faint taste of freezer to it.
But if I used the TatorTots the same day I purchased it....
Then I would know upon reheating if it was my freezer....or just freezers in general that cause that bleh after taste.
It doesn't. Yay!

So, for the next hour.
I worked on my double batch of Tacozanga.
Again, I split up a portion for my friend who can't have cheese.
I really need to figure out a good way to do that....
If I continue how I did it this time...I need to get another pound of meat. Then perhaps...it will be just right. We'll see...the next time.

In any case. ^^
I made another Tacozanga!
And it was still as amazing as the last time. ^^
Thankfully my friends did come over to get their portions.
O.o Because really....I made waaaay too much. ^^

Lol. Next time there's a party, I know what I can bring. :)

(For the recipe of Tacozanga check out Feb 22nd's post. http://thedogstarinquirer.blogspot.com/2015/02/post-forthcoming_22.html)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment