Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Where'd This Come From?

I happened to look down at my hand today,
And noticed a red mark there.
Right below my fingernail bed.
A mark that hadn't been there earlier in the day I was pretty sure.
At first I thought it was just something stuck to my hand, a piece of fish food, a marker mark, something that I could remove.
Only touching it...
There wasn't anything on the surface.
So I took a closer look.
And realized,
That the red mark I was seeing,
Was blood, pooling just under the skin.
O.o
What the?
It seemed like such an odd place to get a blood blister....

And I really for the life of me can't recall slamming my finger into anything,
Or hitting it.
Or doing anything at all to warrant this oddness.

That's not totally surprising though,
As I get so busy and stressed at work, that I just go into auto pilot and quickly forget when I hurt myself, or don't even realize I have hurt myself until much later when I've had a chance to relax.

This appears to be the case here.
Still...
It's weird.
What would I have done to make blood pool just below the surface of my skin? Right by the nailbed?
No idea.
Really, I have no idea.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment