Tuesday, March 3, 2015

It Came, It Fell, It Disappeared

So there I was at work.
It was cloudy outside,
Like it had been for most of the morning.
So I wasn't thinking much about it beyond the fact that I hoped it would convince people to stay home so I could work on my morning tasks.

I saw my replacement walk in to the doors. Looking all dry, if bundled up.
Which meant the weather was still 'good.'

Then.
I happen to walk past the windows of our store like two minutes later.
O.o
Snow!
It was snowing!
Like thick heavy snow that made it seem like it had been snowing like that already for an hour or so.

It was surprising.
And I double checked with my coworker when they got on the floor.
And they said that it hadn't been snowing when they walked in.
O.o
So my coworker had just missed the storm!
Lucky!

Even crazier, was that when I got off like half an hour later,
There was already a good inch or so of snow coating everything.
It fell hard, fast, and actually....stuck!
To the point that my car had a little bit of trouble getting out of the parking lot and driving.

It looked like it was going to last forever!

Y_Y
It didn't. Not even an hour later, it had stopped.
And by the time I got done with my errands....the snow that had stuck to the ground was already melting.
Creating a flood of water in the parking lot.
Nice deep puddles everywhere.

And a couple of hours later...
It was all gone.
Y_Y
No snow anymore.

I'd been so excited!!
I wanted it to stick for a few days!
And here it was....already gone. *sighs*

Hopefully I can get another snow storm before spring truly hits.
Because honestly, this winter hasn't existed at all! *sighs*
at least not where I am.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment