Friday, July 1, 2016

The Path to Soreness

It's interesting how you can do something, and not think it's a big deal.
But then the next day....you realize that...ow. It really hurts.

So, yesterday, I ended up doing a lot of exercise. More than my usual exercise I get with work related stuff.

As I was helping my friend's mom come grab some couches that my apartment complex were selling. (As they got new couches and now are getting rid of all the old couches)
Which....Couches are heavy.

And when it's just two girls moving said couches.
Those things are super heavy.

And when you have to lift them up and over then it's even more heavy than just carrying them.

So, needless to say I got a workout. lol.

I didn't think I would have any more exercise that day.
But I was wrong.

You see, I'm helping to paint my new room at the house where the couches were going to.
-As I'm finally moving out of the student apartments and into an actual house!!  Yay!! :D

And I actually was able to choose what colors I wanted my bedroom to be.
-A harder decision than it should have been.

So after a while I went over to the house and spent like six hours painting the walls of my room.

So up and down and all around for hours on end.

Plus the attempt to move the couches again from the trailer to the living room.
-Thankfully we actually had some guys around to take over for us. lol they moved a lot faster than we did. :)

But long story short.
I woke up this morning super sore.

My forearms ached, my back ached, my shoulders ached, my feet ached, and who knew what else ached but I was sore.

Which wouldn't have been a big deal at work if I'd been working a normal work shift. As Friday's are rather easy in my dept. No major cleaning tasks or anything like that.
So I wouldn't have to antagonize my sore muscles by lifting or cleaning....

But.
The day before, my manager had asked me if I'd be able to come into work an hour earlier to help out with the stockers in unloading the truck and stocking the shelves.
Because 1. We're down to just one official stocker.
2. They had a bunch of sale price tags come in for the 4th of July that needed to be put up...but nobody had been scheduled to do so, so they did that instead of the truck.
3. The truck was much larger than normal.

So I said that I could come in and help....
Before I'd done all that moving and painting. lol.

Needless to say...
I was really tired and sore.
But I persevered and kept at it until I was able to return to my dept to open it up.
And once I was done with that, I returned to helping with stocking.
Even though I just wanted to sit down and rest lol.
I'm not one to leave someone hanging if there's anything I can do to help out.

Which meant...
When all was said and done.
I was super tired.

Unintentionally really.
Because, again, I hadn't thought it would be that big of a deal.
To move stuff, to paint things, to stock.
Who would think that doing all that in one day would leave you sore?

It's not something you think about lol.

Still.
I'm glad I was able to help out where I could. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment