Tuesday, July 5, 2016

....You Want That?

My friends kidnapped me today after work.
To celebrate my birthday. lol.

So, they grabbed me as I was coming out of work, took me into their car.
Then asked "Where to?!"

As they were taking me shopping to buy whatever I wanted (within reason) for my birthday.

Now...
That's a conundrum with shopping.
Especially on your birthday.
Is that I could make it easy on myself, and just have them take me to a store where I can buy what I asked for for my birthday.

But....
I hadn't yet met up with other friends, and had no idea what they were getting me.
And there's nothing worse than getting yourself a gift that someone else already got you. :S

So to avoid that.
I was like "Okay! Gotta go find things that I didn't ask for, but I really want too."

lol which usually results in a. "O.o I would never have thought of that" reactions from my friends.
Cus, I can be rather.....random? Random in things that I take a liking for.

I get this from my family all the time when we're on vacation and I take a liking to something they never even considered I would like. haha. :)

In any case.
I had a price range given to me by my friends. On how much they would spend on me.
Which gave me a general idea on where to go shopping.

But not really what I wanted to go shopping for.
I mean....I'm moving into a new place soon, so I am looking for new decorations and things to hang up and place in my new place.

So I eventually settled on having us first go to Hobby Lobby.
The local 'craft/decoration/you need something random come here!" store. lol.
-I did have a couple other stores in mind if I found nothing here.

But as we wandered through the store.
Looking at things.
Pictures, knick knacks, fancy boxes, more pictures, more crafts.

Nothing was speaking to me. :(
Until I happened to glance to my right.
And see these random metal holder things.

Their official title is "Cupcake Holders"

But I looked at them and saw something completely different.
And completely useful to me. :D

You see...
I collect a lot of rocks.
Usually from the local gem faires.
Just stones that I've taken a liking too.

And some of those shaped rocks....
Are orbs.

Which without proper stands.
These rock balls tend to....roll away.

For the past couple of years.
My rock orbs have been gathering dust on top of my books.
-As the hardback edges to the books make good temporary holders for my rocks.
But it's not a place I wanted to keep them permanently.
They aren't really visible after all, unless you're at the right angle.

But these cupcake holders?
Seemed like the perfect fit!
I could place my orbs in them, and then have them out and visible.'
But contained so they couldn't roll away. :D

lol.
The main "O.o uh...Sarnic?" thing from my friends though, came when I picked out multiple cupcake holders for them to buy.
One holds like 10 cupcakes, another 3, then two more just hold single cupcakes.

And I could totally see it on their faces.
"Why do you need so many of these? Surely one is enough."

Haha. They don't know how many orbs I have. :D

But they were good sports and indulged me in getting the cupcake holders.
Thinking I was crazy probably. lol.
And then we came home.
and I started pulling out Orb after Orb after Orb.

Heh. The reason why I needed all those holders became clear pretty quickly after that. :D
I mean....I still ran out of spots for my orbs, but luckily the rock balls aren't all the same size, so more than one can go into one holder.

:D











It's not the most perfect set up. ^^ I probably would do better getting little mini stands to place in the cupcake holders to place the rocks on so that they stay steady.
But I love it anyway!! :D

Finally I have a nice semi organized way to display my orbs! :D

So, I say it was a birthday present well done. :)

Heh...even if it was unexpected in that I would actually want them. :)

Now....
To find more holders for all those rock eggs and wands I have....

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment