Saturday, July 16, 2016

Broken Shelves

I probably shouldn't attempt to build things in the future.

Though, granted, my bookcase lasted pretty well....

Until we attempted to move it.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

So, like two years ago,
I bought myself a bookcase.
As I, unsurprisingly, had ran out of room in my little three shelf book case.
I decided to buy myself a taller bookcase.
One that's 5 shelves.
So I could fit more books ono that.

Problem is....bookcases don't come already put together. :(
Which meant, two years ago, I had to build the bookcase myself.

I didn't think it would be a big deal.
Hammering the nails in, screwing the screws in place. Etc. Etc.

As I recall, I tried to do this at 2 am in the morning....
which my roommates didn't appreciate. heh...

But I encountered all sorts of problems.
The main one being that the backboard....had been cut crooked.
So there was like an hour or so spent on just trying to get the back lined up well enough that there wouldn't be any gaps.

But I had other problems like being unable to get the sides and the bases to all screw together tightly.

In the end.
I ended up with a crooked bookshelf.
One that had a slight lean to it.
But held my books just fine.
No problems at all there.


Now though, I'd decided that it was time for me to get rid of it.
As....it was crooked.
And it wouldn't match the theme of my new bedroom when I move.
Plus...it was crooked.

Yah....
Trying to help my daddoo take it out of my room...
The top portion separated from the bottom.
So I had to go track down a screw driver and my daddoo took the time to make sure it was in place, and actually fixed the top so that it was straight...
Before we took it out to the car.

Where...in the process of getting it inside...
One of those crooked backboard pieces, caught. And tore. And ended up pretty mangled by the end.

Then the top and the bottom of the bookcase also had some issues...
And when all was said and done....

It was a lost cause trying to fix that book case. :(

Oops....It was basically just planks of wood when my daddoo tried to take it out of the car.
Who knows if any of it can be salvageable....

Thankfully...I wasn't intending to keep it.
And it wasn't that expensive to buy.

But.
The next bookcase I buy....
I'm totally not going to be the one to put it together, lol.
I'll have someone else do that,
So hopefully it stays together if I ever need to move it somewhere else.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment