Saturday, July 30, 2016

The New Bed



I don't like last minute change of plans.
Like....you have one way you think things are going to go.
And then....something blind sides you...and you end up having to do something completely different than you wanted to do.

That's what happened last night.
Just after midnight.

I was planning to stay up a bit.
As I could because I didn't have work in the morning.
Which meant I could let my night owl self fly free.

And then I had to go check my mail...after midnight.

When I should have been asleep.

I guess it's a good thing I did.

Because what did that Email say?

It was from my apartment complex, saying that they would be coming into the apartments at 9am in the morning tomorrow.
Which since it was after midnight. Meant. Today.

What were they going to do then?
They were replacing all our old beds.

With brand new ones.
Not just like a new mattress.
But also completely new frames.

Which is super cool.

But in order to do that....
We have to have everything off the bed.
Everything out from under the bed.
And the floors completely clear.

Because the frames were going to be so massive....
That they would need to be built within the room.

And guess what?

My bedroom met none of those requirements.
>.<

So Instead of relaxing the evening hours away doing what I wanted to do.

I had to go through my room.
and pull everything out from under the bed, and clean my floor, and make sure most of my stuff was off my bed so I could easily pull it off in the morning when they came.

*exhales*
It was a good thing I was already in the process of moving out of my room.
-Since I have my new place already and I can move stuff in there.

Because otherwise....there would be very few places to place the stuff I'd stuffed under my bed.

In any case.
I managed to get everything organized and away from the 'construction' area.
finishing....at like 4 am.

-Granted I was distracted for a couple of hours as a tv series I'm watching decided to have like seven cliff hanger episodes in a row....

But I got it all clean!!
And I got to go to bed!

And.....then they woke me up at 9:37 the moving guys.

>.< Because apparently they don't realize that people like to sleep in a bit on Saturdays.

They came into the apt, and proceeded to move everything out.
Box spring, frame, but they left my mattress there for now, as the new ones hadn't yet arrived.

*shakes head*
It's crazy.
The new beds are MASSIVE!!
Like, super tall.

-As they went with ones that you can fit drawers in underneath.
(though the drawer part won't arrive for a few more days wither.)

But it's like climbing a mountain now to get on my bed.
:S
You can't just come into the room and flop.
No you have to jump and then flop.

You see here's a Before Picture:


















And this is the After Picture:



















This thing is crazy huge!!
Honestly I feel like it takes up the whole entire room. O.o

And sitting on it?
It feels like I'm either Queen of the World, over looking all my subjects.

Or a sacrifice set upon an alter.

It's weird.
Sleeping on it is weird.

It's so high up.

It's basically a bunk bed in all reality.
There's just no bed underneath, though you could probably have someone sleep underneath it with no issues.

So crazy.

I'm kinda glad that I'm moving out.
So that I can be on bed closer to the ground.
But this will be fun for the next couple weeks for sure. ;)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment