Tuesday, November 8, 2016

A Mournful Wail

.....
It's like living in a nightmare really.
One where you hope that upon waking up in the morning....
It will turn out to all be a dream.
A really really bad dream.
That has no effect upon reality.

Unfortunately, this seems like reality.
There's still a smidgen of hope....
But reality is setting in.

*exhales*
Honestly....
I never thought watching the results of an election would literally make me ill.
But that's what seeing the election results is doing.
I literally feel sick to my stomach.

How.
Why?

Honestly, Why.

Oh my poor America.
Where in our quest for Freedom did we loose sight of that?
When did we start cowering in fear at shadows in the corner, monsters under the bed, boogeymen in the closet?

Are we not supposed to be the forerunners of thought, idealism, dreams?
Where anyone and everyone is welcome to live 'the American Dream'

How did the dream fade?
When did fear start to overrun our thoughts, our actions, our dreams?

Oh my poor America.

We are so much better than this.

So.
Much.
Better.

Keep the dream.
Keep the hope.
Keep the innocence alive.

We do not need to cower at the actions of others.
We can stand up straight.
We can have our heads held up high.

There is no need of threatening, of scare tactics, of isolating those who dare to dream.

Oh my America.

Oh. Oh. My America.

May this be only a trial by fire, where once we're through the forge we come out stronger, better, and again, more idealistic than what is laid before us now.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment