Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The Need to Feed

Have you ever watched those TV shows or read those books.
Where there's this side character complaining to the main character that they "Need to eat something" "Need to get to sleep." yadda yadda?

Yah.
Pretty sure I'm that main character.
Not with the sleep thing.
I'm pretty good at getting sleep. After all I do have to function at work. lol.
But the eating thing?

....Not so much.
It's not like it's a new thing really.
I haven't ever been into the "EAT EAT EAT!" mood.
I tend to snack.
To munch.
To eat a little here and there.

Actual meals.
Not so much.

After all cooking real food usually involves dishes and dishes involves cleaning said dishes and I'm  horrible at cleaning said dishes because I hate doing dishes in general.

So I usually have a bunch of quick to eat sort of things around.
And usually only end up cooking when I've run out of all my snacks and haven't had the chance to get to the grocery store yet. lol.

But I halfway wonder...
If I've made it worse, the past couple of months.

In that I've become obsessed with reading again.
It's online fanfic stuff. Because I'm way over my head obsessed with a certain Detective Series, but it is reading in any case.

And when I read.
I tend to forget to do things.
Like eat.

Because I'm caught up in the story.
I need to see how it ends.
I can't stop until I get it done!

Basically.
I forget that I'm human and that one should eat when one is human. lol.

I mean.
I do remember at some point.
Usually just before Midnight.
When I have to remember that I'm a semi-responsible adult and that I need to get some sleep for work in the morning.

But usually close to midnight means close to sleep which means eating something before sleep isn't a good idea because then one gets energy and can't sleep.

Hence....
Why I really need to work on eating real food before it gets too late. lol.
As obviously I have no self control when it comes to reading something that has caught my interest.
Totally singleminded in that case I suppose haha.

So I guess I need to find a work around.
Like. "Oh here's a good stopping point. Go eat something Sarnic!"
"Go make something Sarnic!"

*shakes head*
Where's my side character in my life that can come remind me to eat.....
It would make things so much easier. ;) haha

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment