Thursday, November 17, 2016

Second Chances

Two young missionaries knocked on a door, hoping to find someone to receive their message.
The door opened, and a rather large man greeted them in a less-than-friendly voice: "I thought I told you not to knock on my door again.
I warned you before that if you ever came back, it would not bre a pleasant experience.
Now leave me alone."
He quickly closed the door.

As the elders walked away, the older, more experienced missionary put his arm on the younger missionary's shoulder to comfort and encourage him.
Unknown to them, the man watched them through the window to be sure they understand his message.
He fully expected to see them laugh and make light of his curt response to their attempted visit.
However, as he witnessed the expression of kindness between the two missionaries, his heart was instantly softened.
He reopened the door and asked the missionaries to come back and share their message with him.

-Paul E. Koelliker -He Truly Loves Us -April 2012 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment