Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Irritation Levels

I've decided.
I'm my most mean in the mornings.
Like sarcastic mean.

I get irritated quickly.
Annoyed faster.

lol even though I'm good at pretending.
I'm not a morning person.
I'm a night owl.

In any case.
I'm not the most patient and understanding in the mornings.
Especially when I'm being critiqued.

For example.
One of the closers left a note for me to find in the morning that read like this:
"The Skinny Pig cages are disgusting. Someone should clean it as it's filled with 3 inches of poop and sludge."

*eye twitch*
The note was irritating to me for a couple of reasons.
1. The closer had written this the night before....the day we were scheduled to clean the cages.
Our animals have set days that they're cages are meant to be cleaned.
It was like a couple of years ago when I had a roommate leave a note saying "DO THE DISHES! This place is a DIASTER AREA" ...the night before our cleaning check. As in. Hey if we wanted to pass our cleaning check, we'd obviously have to do the dishes.

So the fact that my coworker left a note that the cages needed to be cleaned to be found on the day they were supposed to be cleaned....left me fuming because that meant that the coworker obviously didn't know that we were cleaning the cages that day.
Don't ask me why that made me mad.
I mean, this particular coworker only works the night shift. Has never opened, so more than likely has no idea when or how often the cages are cleaned.
Still. I feel like they should KNOW. Or ask someone who knows. The managers should know by now when certain animals are cleaned.

*shakes head*
The next irritating thing that bugged me was their use of "Someone"
Someone should clean this.
But that someone obviously didn't mean my cowoker who wrote the note.
No, someone else should clean up the mess. Not them.

Which irritates me because if you think it's a mess....why not clean it yourself? If it's bugging you. Do something about it. Don't tell 'someone' else to do it.

It's also even more irritating because this particular coworker.
Failed miserably in closing the night before.
So the fact that they had time to leave a message for the openers to clean the skinny pig cage.
When they failed to clean out the cats. When they failed to turn on the night lamps on the reptiles, when they failed to take out the trash at the end of the day, when they failed to pull the ornaments from the fish tanks to be cleaned....
Got my ire up.

How dare they tell me what to do when they couldn't even do their job properly!!!

Oh yah.
I was fuming for most of the day.
I don't like being critiqued.
I don't like being critiqued by people who can't properly do their jobs.
I don't like being critiqued by customers who don't know the first thing about how much I have to do in my day.

Which brings up the second irritation of this week.
Again. unsurprisingly.
It involves the Guinea Pigs.

Apparently, we had a customer come into the store. Twice. Same day two weeks apart.
And ended up complaining that our Guinea Pig cages were a disaster..
The cages were filthy, there were flies in the cage, there were too many guinea pigs in the cage.

Apparently it was bad enough that this customer called our Home Office to complain.
*eye twitch*

*exhales*
Of course the cages looked dirty.
It had been four days since we did the last bedding change. -As we do them once a week. Plus with a multiple guinea pigs in the cage that have been eating like pigs....it's bound to be filthier faster.

The flies, yes. They shouldn't be in the cage. But it's not like we purposely let them live there.
I try to get them out when I clean the cage, but that doesn't stop them from flying back in whenever we open the thing to get a guinea pig out.

And no. There weren't too many guinea pigs in the cage.
As we have a limit to how many animals we can place in the same cage.
And I wasn't over the limit for the size of the cage.
Lots of guinea pigs = a mess.
But the customer should have realized that the guinea pigs are only in the store TEMPORARILY!!
So them being briefly overcrowded isn't a bad thing because they shouldn't be staying in the store that long to worry about it.

Honestly.
I feel like this customer just decided to be a pickle sucker. They wanted to feel important, powerful.
But honestly this customer has just made my life more difficult.

Why?
Because as a result of this call to the "home office"
I was told that we needed to change the guinea pig cages THREE times a week.
THREE!!

Sure, the end result is that the guinea pigs are in cleaner cages. So I can't fault that.
But it sure is wasting my time, it's going to delay us in our already full schedule of opening. I mean there's only so much I can do in the prescribed "tasking" period that we already can't meet. Having to add another item to my list of morning tasks is NOT something I'd like to do.
Sure. I could see Twice a week. Do one mid week, do one on the weekend. It works out fine.
But three times?
They're crazy.

*shakes head*

Yah.
I'm irritated.
Why do people have to make life difficult?

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment