Sunday, November 6, 2016

Standing In Line

I suppose it would have made sense to look more closely at the address on the slip of paper I found in the mail box.
But I knew where the post office was, and this package was already two weeks over due from its expected arrival date.

So, I took the paper, and drove down to the post office.
As I'd been there plenty of times before to pick up other packages.

And was confronted with a huge line. ()_()
It's always weird when there are lines at the post office, especially when there aren't any nearby holidays....

In any case.
As I was standing in line, a couple of people got out of line to go to the overnight shipping section.
And another guy came out of nowhere (I'd been looking at my phone at the time.) and stood in front of me asking if I'd been the one saving his spot.
Since I'd barely arrived...I said no, but possibly the people who were saving the spot had just moved ahead.

In any case.
While we waited to be helped, I ended up chatting with the guy. lol.
Dunno what it is about me but the older grey-haired generations sure do like to chat with me. lol.
We talked about movies and this and that.

It was a rather pleasant visit really.

I feel bad that I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to this stranger in line.
But it was suddenly my turn and his turn,
And I was told....

That I was at the wrong Post Office.
O.o

Apparently with the move to the new place, also came the move to a new Post Office. O.o
Go figure.
Go figure that there would be more than one post office per city. O.o So weird. lol.

In any case.
I had to dash away to go to the other place and finally FINALLY get my package. :)

Still, I don't regret standing in line for like 20 minutes talking to the guy.
It was fun and a pleasant way to pass the time. :D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment