Wednesday, November 23, 2016

I Don't Know

It's really not my fault when customers come in regularly but don't regularly see me.

lol.
I say this, because I encountered a customer that I hadn't seen in months.
It may have been as little as six months, but possibly up to eight months or so....honestly it's hard to keep track.

But in any case.
I came up to them and asked them if they needed help and they were like "You're STILL HERE!! I THOUGHT YOU HAD QUIT!"

Uh....
No.
No. I haven't quit. lol.
The customer just has been coming in at the wrong days or the wrong times or has come in while I was elsewhere in the store....
Really the possibilities are endless on why I haven't encountered said customer. Haha.

In any case.

It's always interesting to deal with this particular customer.
Because in reality, I do only see them like....every fourth month or so.
And every. single. time.
The customer brings up the exact same reason as to why they are in the store.
They're looking for a better way to contain their dog while they're in the car so that the doggie doesn't injure itself, or jump into the customer's lap while driving, etc.

Basically the customer comes in looking for a booster seat for their dog, that can also double as a portable carrier for when the dog isn't in the car.
But said carrier has to have a leash in it so the dog can't get away, but the leash also needs to be able to work in such a fashion that the dog can't twist itself up in said leash and injure itself.

Really, it's nearly the same conversation almost every time.
We chat, I try and find a solution, I show the customer all the same products I basically showed them last time. (Occasionally new things if we got something new in)

And basically spend a lot of time saying. "I don't know." "Well maybe" "It's possible that could work."

Haha, it really doesn't help that I'm not often in the Dog section of the store.
I'm over the Fish, the Reptiles, the Birds, the Small Pets....

The cat and dog sections are just....grey matter to me really.
They exist, but I don't know everything about it.
Like...I don't know what a kind of dog food you're buying if you just show me the food itself as I never see the food unless a bag splits. I only see bags haha.

Back on topic.
I have to do a lot of "I don't knows" with this customer because in reality I really don't know and I don't want to say something and tell them to buy a product that they're just going to return and say it doesn't work.
I do my best....

But when said customer's current concern is that they want their dog to stay safe and not run away if said dog gets into a car accident....
I really can't recommend anything for a situation that specific.
Most people just want the dog contained in the car.
Most people just want to be able to tote their dog around portably.

Hardly any of them consider if the dog can jump out, if the dog can get loose, if the carrier would squish down or not, or how the seat belt would hold if the car rolled.

I mean...if the cars rolling....it's rather difficult for anyone to remain uninjured in that sort of situation....

*shakes head*

Yah....
So that was a fun 40 minute conversation of "I don't knows" as I tried to help the customer as best as I could.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment