Sunday, November 13, 2016

The Hair Trend

I literally hadn't done anything different.

I mean, sure, leave the house with wet hair as I'd just taken a shower probably is slightly different, but not out of the norm for me.

Yet, apparently that shower had some sort of magic to it.
Because now basically everyone thinks I cut or dyed my hair.
O.o

At first I just laughed, because the friends I was meeting up with, I hadn't seen in a year. And more than likely a year ago my hair had been longer. So seeing it shorter -though I cut it months ago- obviously drew a comment that I'd gotten my hair cut.
And with my hair still damp, it tends to be a bit more curly as well, which would give the appearance of my hair being shorter as well. Since curls tend to do that.

Like I said I laughed it off,
Until later that day when I met up with another group of friends -ones that I had seen more recently, like two weeks ago.
And they asked me the same thing.

O.o
Did I get my hair cut?
No.

Literally, all I had done was take a shower and let my hair dry naturally. It wasn't like I'd gone crazy with styling or anything. Just ran a brush through it to make sure there were no snarls and out I went.

But that was twice.
Twice.

And it happened two more times after that!
The last comment not really commenting on my hair length but on the fact that my hair looked lighter. lol. My friend (a different one from the ones mentioned already) had asked if I'd dyed my hair a lighter shade.
Uh...
No?
Same old hair.
Literally, same hair.
Haven't cut it, haven't dyed it, haven't done anything I usually don't do.

So now I firmly believe.
My parent's shower is magic. ;)

Haha kidding kidding.

No, I'm guessing, that they weren't really noticing my hair.
I mean, yes they noticed the hair.
But I'm guessing they noticed that there was something different about me.
And as they tried to figure out what was different, decided to settle on a more physical attribute.
like my hair.
And since they were noticing my hair.
They were noticing it possibly in more detail.
Which made them think that I had changed it, when I hadn't.

But I had to have done something.
Because there was something different about me.

lol.
In reality.
I'm guessing they're noticing a change in attitude.
That I'm probably carrying myself differently, possibly acting differently, reacting differently,
Being different.

They're probably keying into the fact that I've been feeling a lot happier than I have for a while.
I have energy.
I have a spark
My smile is brighter meant to brighten other's moods.

They're probably noticing I'm happier.

*shrugs*
Who knows for sure though. lol.
In any case.
At least people like my hair. ;) haha.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment