Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Taking Action

I'm a doer.
If I'm at work, I want to be doing something.
Whether it's cleaning, or stocking, or some other task.
I want to stay busy, doing things to pass the time between customers.
So I often go looking for work to do once I've exhausted all the possible tasks I can do in the department.
Which usually means I go find one of the managers and ask them if there's any stocking I can do.
As often, the product for my dept is left to be worked last. I can't fully help out with stocking as I do have to stick around my dept for when customers show up needing help with something.
But I can work on totes for my dept easily enough lol.

In any case.
I think I'm managing to impress our newest manager.
-Who happens to be the stocking manager.

As I think he doesn't expect coworkers to come up to him and ask him if they can help with stocking.
So the fact that I've consistently done it.
Has caught his attention.

The fact that I'm always calm, cool, collected, willing to help out, always on the way to do something.
Has caught his attention.

As he's begun commenting on it.
The fact that I'm willing to help him out when he is behind on truck.
-Surprise fact of the day is that we're actually supposed to have three stockers, but the managers have neglected to hire one for over 8 weeks now. O.o Ummm....hello? HIRE SOMEONE!
Back on subject;

The fact that I'm willing to help him out.
lol Today he said something odd like "I'm programed to help?" something like that. I don't remember the exact phrase, nor when I asked him what he meant did I get an answer as we both got distracted about that point and couldn't continue the conversation.

In any case.
He's really impressed with the fact that I come up to him asking if there are any totes in my dept I can help with. calling me the "hero" "amazing" etc.

Which I suppose.
Makes sense.
As I was watching my coworkers today.
Not really offering any suggestions on things they could do once they were done with the tasks in the dept. Just to see what they would do.

Unsurprisingly, my coworkers tend to just stand around, waiting for someone to tell them what to do.
They don't....take initiative and go find something to do.

lol. My coworker today was like "Oh! We still have totes?" when she noticed that I was stocking shelves.
To which I was like. "yah...."
Wondering how she hadn't noticed the pile of boxes in the back....
Probably because not many people tend to 'notice' details like that and make connections to potential problems/solutions dealing with those connections.

*shrugs*
So I guess....
I think my manager is impressed I take initiative and ask for tasks, instead of waiting to be found by a manager and told to do a certain task.

 So....yay for me? lol :)
I like doing stuff. I like keeping busy. So I don't mind it that much, when I go to help out another part of the dept when I have nothing else to do really.
I'm not one to stand around doing nothing. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment