Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Upbeat and Hyper

The best of intentions are often waylaid by a good story.

So. Very true of me.
So. very. True.

I hadn't slept much last night.
Again, because I got caught up in a fanfiction story online and wanted to finish it.
Which happens more often than not recently lol.
But hey, reading is reading right?

In any case.
Going home and taking a nap was strongly on my mind the entire day at work.
Sleep.
Oh glorious sleep.

Only, I was still wakeful enough when I got off work I figured I'd drop by my Favorite Wendy's and get linner first and maybe write a bit while I was there so I could be 'out' and 'social' outside of work for a bit.

Ha.
Well....to say that those plans were waylaid is probably a bit of an understatement.

As you see, on the website where I'm reading Fanfics currently, you have the opportunity to 'follow' your favorite stories and authors.

So that when the stories are updated, or the authors post a new story.
You know immediately.

As I was getting of work, I checked my emails and noticed I'd received a notification that an author I'd followed had posted in a story that I hadn't read yet.
-As the premise in the little 'blurb' hadn't caught my interest.

Truthfully, I thought it was an update from a different author and so I went straight to the recently updated chapter only to be confused by what I was reading as it hadn't matched up with anything I'd read recently.

However,
It had caught my interest.
So I jumped back to the first chapter.....
and wouldn't you know it an Hour had passed, I'd read nine chapters, and I was still sitting at the table at Wendy's totally engrossed in the story. Heh.

I decided I should probably leave and head home,
Only now a nap was the furthest thing from my mind.
Because this story had totally captured my interest.
It was fun, lighthearted, fast paced.
It literally had me laughing out loud.

So therefore, obviously, I couldn't put it down.
Not until a couple of hours later when I finished said story.

Ah.
Such happiness.
I love it when stories leave you in an upbeat mood, where you have a smile, energy, and just wish that the story would continue on and you could still be reading it.
-Since this particular fanfic is unfinished I hope I get an update soon....-

But yah, I ended up hyper from the story. Energized by how happy it made me.

To the point where only now did I realize that I haven't taken my nap and I'm totally exhausted from the day. *shakes head*

That's how you know a story is good lol. When you forget to eat and sleep in order to find out what happens next. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment