Wednesday, November 16, 2016

On a Positive Note

Why is it easier to write about negative things than it is to write about positive things?

Is it just the way that we've been conditioned?
Where negative actions always garner more attention while positive actions get a footnote when they're not completely ignored.

For something to be interesting it has to be Negative. It has to be a complaint, something unhappy.
While the good actions are seen as....laudable. But nothing to make a big deal out of.

*shrugs*

Who knows why Negative seems to gain more attention.

But in any case.
Positive.

Positive things when you find them, are rather, heart warming are they not?

So.
A positive thing. :)

I was at work.
Mentally stressing about this and that and the other.

One of those stressors being about the dentist.
Because I had to pay more money than I'd been expecting to with my last visit.
Somewhere there had been a miscommunication I suppose.

The only fact that I didn't need to pay upon leaving...
Was that their system was down.
So they couldn't take cards.

I'd left with the promise to call back the next day in order to pay the $$ I didn't want to pay.

*exhales* Mostly because it seems like money is draining from me in all directions the past couple of weeks. *coughcarcough*

In any case. I made the mental note to call after work...possibly after I took a nap since I was exhausted.

When I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Usually I don't get texts at work.
So when I had a moment I pulled out my phone to check.

And got a surprise.

It was a message from Mother Dearest stating that Daddoo -who'd gone to the dentist earlier in the day- had paid my bill that I hadn't been able to pay the day before.


You have no idea how much that meant to me.
A lot.
It meant a lot.
It was one less thing to stress about, one less weight that had to be placed on my shoulders.

It definitely was a highlight to my day.
A moment of happiness.
A positive thing.

So totally grateful for both my Parents.
I wouldn't be where I am without them. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment