Friday, November 18, 2016

To Stay or To Go?

Doing things on a spur of a moment basis is probably the best way to run into random people you don't know.

I was in one of those spur of the moment moods when I got off of work yesterday.
You know, being sick and tired means that my mind runs along the random paths.

I was hungry.
So I went to my favorite Wendy's to get my favorite meal.

lol. I'm well known there by now as I drop by that place more often than not. Heh...

It's gotten to the point where I can usually walk in the door and they're already prepping my order since I get basically the same thing every time.

What is unknown though.
Is if I decide to stay there to eat, or take it to go.

More often than not I take it to go.
But more recently I've been sticking around, eating there and spending some time writing.

Yesterday, I was undecided.

Did I want to stay or go?
I was still fighting the slight cold that I'd got and really wanted to just head home and sleep once I got some food.
But I was also feeling better too. Had some slight energy. Was actually more wakeful than I'd been just an hour ago. Plus, it was light out. So seeing some sunshine would be great.

Stay or go?
Stay or go?

The cashier asked me. "So are you staying today or taking it to go?"

That's when I had the brilliant Idea.
"You choose for me." I said with a smile.

Ha. Probably not something the cashiers get that often judging by her surprised look.
After a second of hesitation she was like. "Stay?"

"Great!" She'd chosen for me, I wasn't about to say "No, I'll Go instead." That wouldn't be very nice.
So I set out to wait for my food and stick around for a bit, possibly write once I got said food.

and then a guy walked into the store.

*gasp*
A GUY?!

Yes.
Dear readers, a guy walked in. ;) haha.

I gave him a glance -as movement tends to distract me so I check it out.
And thought he looked familiar.

*gasp*
A guy who looks familiar!?!
;) lol

But that's nothing new, it could have been anyone, as CollegeTown has a ton of people who look like each other.

But he looked over and smiled at me.
Which meant recognition.
I glanced again.
And realized, if it was who I thought it was.
I actually knew this guy.

He spoke to the cashier, before greeting me.

Yep.
Definitely knew him. lol.

I haven't seen him in a while though.

Originally we met back in my first year of college.

Back when my first roommate tore her ACL and had to have surgery and consequently had to go to physical therapy to retrain her muscles on how to move.
He worked at the PT place there.
I tagged along with my roommate to keep her company (and get out of the apt as I was carless at that point)

And we all became friends.
Once PT ended for my roomie, I'd run into the guy on campus on occasion as we were both taking classes there.

But after that point....
*shrugs*
Like other people, we lost contact beyond Facebook Friend status.

I don't think I've seen him in a couple of years or so.
Hence why there wasn't any immediate recognition lol.

Still.
It was nice to sit and chat for a bit while he was waiting for his food. (he took his to go)
Nice to catch up.

And all because on the spur of the moment, I decided to let the cashier decide for me.
If I'd been a few seconds faster, if I'd chosen to leave, I would probably have missed seeing him totally.

Funny how things work out like that. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment