Friday, November 25, 2016

Dreams Come True

It started back over a year ago.
Possibly even close to two years ago.
When my work was chosen to start carrying larger tanks in the store.
Before that point our largest tank we carried was a 75 gallon.

But now, then. We were able to start carrying 150, 125, and within the last couple of months 120 gallon tanks.

So they're nice.
They're big.

And upon seeing the 125 gallon tank (18inches wide by 72 inches long)
I knew that there was no other tank that I wanted.

The 125 gallon.
That was a tank I wanted to get whenever I managed to get out of apartment living.

A year ago, that dream was impossible.
I'd tried to get into a place that would allow me to get a bigger tank, but didn't swing it.
So I'd started looking into smaller tanks. You know like the 45 gallon or the 60 gallon tanks that could possibly be a good 'starter' size for me.
But I still had my heart set on the tank.

I would go through phases at work, where I would really want the tank and would have wistful fun decorating said tank with décor just to see how it would look.

Getting said 125 gallon tank?
I'd nearly chalked it up to a 'when I'm married and own a house' sort of dream.

Until.
Until I moved in with my current set of roomies, one of whom bought the place we're currently living in.
Until I told them I'd love to have a large fish tank and they said yes.
Until I showed them the tank I wanted, asked them if they'd be fine with one so large.

....And they said Yes!

I could hardly believe it.
My roommates would let me get a 125 gallon tank??

Yes, yes they would.
lol. I think it helped that I waited a few months before bringing up the subject.
Just to get used to the new place and the roomies and all before I did something as crazy as getting a large fish tank.

But brought up the subject I did.
As Black Friday drew closer.

I could have bought the tank at any time really.
But.
I knew.
I knew my work did killer deals on Black Friday for our FishTank/Stand combos. -Which the 125g was.
The last three or four years I'd worked Black Friday, the Tank/Stands had gone half off.
Considering that it had happened multiple years in a row.
I figured that the sale would happen once again.

I was right. :)

Word spread that the tanks/stands were going half off.
Like they do every Black Friday.

Which meant.
I would purchase it for half the price!!

Which when it's nearly a $700 tank...half off is a really really good deal.

I'd been talking about it at work for weeks.
The fact that I would be buying a 125 gallon tank.

I talked about it.
But I didn't yet dare to put actual faith in the fact that I could get it.
I was confident I could.
But if I've had things go wrong in the past.
And I could just picture me arriving to work to find all the tanks gone and me without the tank or my roomies changing their minds.
So I talked about it.
Wanted it.

But didn't quiet believe I'd get it.

Then Wednesday Happened.
It had been a long day of pre holiday craziness.
I'd already been delayed clocking out on time by half an hour due to helping a needy customer decide on a carrier that suited their most random requirements. *shakes head* I failed to get her what she needed. *exhales*
In any case, I'd been basically heading out the door. When my manager called me back in.

To tell me in no uncertain terms that I had to order my tank online at 12:01am Friday Morning.
O.o
Why?
Because apparently we had to grab all the online orders First before we opened our doors at 7am for Black Friday for the customers who actually came out to the store.

So he wanted me to order my tank online as soon as the Black Friday sale started.

Which I was like. o.O But....I wouldn't get my discount if I did that.
-As we get discounts off things at work.
Nor would I get it for the flat $300 rate.
As if I bought the tank before noon on Black Friday in the store. It would be $300 instead of half off.

Basically the plan was for me to buy the tank so that I'd have it reserved for me.
Then we'd return the tank, and I'd immediately buy it again, but this time at the less than $300 price due to my work discount.

*shrugs*
So I made a mental note to be sure to stay up until 12:01 to order my tank.
Went home and got online so I could figure out how to order said tank before I needed to order said tank.
And thought nothing more of it.

Until I woke up Thursday Morning and checked my mail and saw that I'd gotten an email saying that our Black Friday sales had already started online. ()_()
Which meant.... AGH! All our 125 gallon tanks could have already been sold!!!

If the Black Friday sales were happening already, there was no way I was waiting until midnight to buy my tank.
I was buying it then and there.

Which I did.

After the deed was done, I sent my Manager a text saying that our online site had already started Black Friday sales so I had gone ahead and ordered the tank.
The manager replied back with a 'thanks for the heads up' sort of message.

I thought nothing more of it after that point.
Until, later in the day.
I got a message from a different manager.
Showing a picture of my order.

They'd gotten my order and set aside a tank for me!!
Which was great!!

And then I realized.
()_()
....How was that possible?
We were closed on Thanksgiving.
No one should have been in the store!

But a couple of my managers Had come into the store.
Mostly to take care of the animals -Check food and water and such -they were only there for an hour.

Yet, I'm pretty sure that once my manager heard that I'd ordered a tank, they were like. "WE NEED TO GET TO THE STORE NOW! Sarnic MUST have her TANK!!" lol.

;) As everyone desperately wanted me to be able to have my 125 gallon tank. So since I'd given them the headsup that I'd ordered it.
They wanted to make sure they confirmed my tank as being ordered.
So I would definitely get it Friday after work. :D

Ah... My managers love me. XD Lol.

Which meant today.
After a long shift at work where I again stayed late by half an hour due to customers, I was finally able to load up the tank in my Daddoo's truck (that he was sweet and let me borrow for just this purpose) And yes, I managed to get both tank and stand in the truck together haha.
My managers hadn't believed it was wide enough.
But it was just barely. ^^

So one careful drive later.
One nerve wracking trip down the stairs to the basement later and I can now say.

My dream of owning a 125 gallon tank has officially come true!!

GUYS I HAVE A GIANT FISH TANK!!!

DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW EXCITING THIS IS?!?!
AGH!!
I'M SOOOO VERY EXCITED!!!!

^^ Yes, my roommates are amazing for allowing me this opportunity.
So very much amazing. :D lol.

Ah. I'm sure it will feel that much sweeter once I actually set up the tank. lol.
With decorations and fish ....oh yes the fish. ^^
But for now I have to wait.
As my roomie has ordered some special mats to place underneath the fish tank stand to ensure that if the tank happens to leak (which would be sad for a brand new tank) it wouldn't ruin the carpet underneath. :)

So yes, for now, I can just admire my nice big empty tank on the wall.
Because soon enough, I'll be able to fill it with decorations and gravel and water and fish.

But for now. The less weight in the tank, the more easy it is to move it once those matts show up. :D haha.

Oh.
Soooo EXCITED!!!

I have my Tank!
I have my TANK!!

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment