Sunday, November 27, 2016

Wanderlust

The world will never know how close I came to ending up in Red Rock country this night.

And it all started because of a game night.
You see, a friend of mine invited me to a game night. And they happen to live like half an hour further south from me.
*shakes head*
Silly friend. Why live so far away from everything??

In any case.
On my way to the game night, I had to take the freeway.
And on the freeway.
There happened to be this exit.
An exit I know very well.

Because said exit would take me to my beloved Red Rock country.
Sure it would be a three hour drive.
But in three hours. I would be surrounded by my favorite red rocks!

It was just me and my car.
No one there to stop me.
No one there to keep me from moving over into the exit lane.

I could have gone on a sojourn down south.

I didn't though.
Because I'm too responsible for my own good. lol.

;) Plus it helped that I was on a quarter tank of gas.
And would obviously not make it to Red Rock country with so little fuel haha.

Still though.
It was such a tantalizing possibility.
To just 'accidentally' take the wrong exit.
To go on a midnight adventure.
To go back to my favorite place on earth.

But I didn't.

Still. I could have.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment