Saturday, November 19, 2016

Just Gone

Another one bites the dust.

I heard the news today at work.

A coworker of mine has quit.

And in the trend of this particular generation of people.
The coworker quit and left us hanging.
No two week notice.
No heads up that they had found another job.

A missed shift.
A call saying that they were never coming back.

It's so irritating.
So very irritating.
Is there no respect at all for other people around you? No consideration for the fact that you just forced half a dozen people to stay for longer shifts than they'd been planning on just because you couldn't be considerate enough to give us a heads up that you'd found another job. You couldn't be considerate enough to give us two weeks to find another person before you left?

No.
This coworker, like so many other coworkers before them, just had to leave.
Leave us in a bind.
Just before the busiest season of the year kicks into full swing.

I don't like those people.
At all.
Any respect I have for them usually fades pretty quickly when they just quit on us.

I mean, I can understand in some ways the need to just get out of the place and not hang on. So I do temper my annoyance a bit.

Doesn't mean I like it at all though.

So.
Once again.
I'm one coworker short.
And its unknown if we're going to hire anybody to replace them in the meantime....
So probably we're all going to have to pull a bit longer shifts to cover the gaps...
*exhales*

Oh goodie.
Let the chaos begin.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment