Friday, December 2, 2016

Avoiding Work

Some times I get tired of the Tug of War.
Mostly because it's the same side that wins basically every time.

Because basically when it comes to writing. Like, working on actual plot ideas/stories sort of writing.
It always loses.

No, it's more important to do these blogs.
No, it's more important to go to bed.
No, it's more important to actually work at work.
No, it's more important to take a nap instead of writing.
No, it's more important to scroll around on the internet for hours on end as you gather up the courage to work on writing.
No, it's more important to read things other people have written so that they can give you yet more ideas on what to write.

Ha.
Write.

Honestly.
I think I'm thinking too much.
And the perfectionist in me has a strangle hold on my hands when it comes to being serious.
To actually sitting down.
Writing.
Working with a purpose.

Me? Write? Now! But I don't know X Y and the square root of three yet!! You CAN'T Write yet!!
No, no we're not ready, because then you'll write but after you write you'll have to go through all these revisions and critiques and what if it's just not that good?
There is so much other things that we can do, this isn't something that you do quickly, writing can come later.

I'm getting sick of later.

Later in those moments when I can just pull out a notebook and finally jot down some thoughts.
Later in that blank white word document that just screams. "potential!" but also screams "Ahhhh!!!"

I'm doing it right now really.
Oh no.
Spent the whole day reading, but we have time to write now.
*glances at clock*
OH NO! We need to write those blog posts instead! That's waaay more important.
We need to suddenly catch up on other things we've been neglecting.
No.
Even with a blank page of notebook paper sitting on my knee.
I'm still procrastinating.
Still letting the Tug of War go within me.
Still letting writing lose the game.

*exhales*
I need to get a new mindset before I drive myself crazy with story ideas trapped in my head and no release onto paper.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment