Tuesday, December 20, 2016

OverComing the Odds

There are some forces in life that on occasion are too strong to overcome.

One of those is a warm bed.

Now usually with work. Work is strong enough to overcome warm bed.
But on my days off from work. When I have no pressing responsibilities to nag me out of bed.
It becomes twelve times more difficult to leave my bed at any reasonable hour. lol.

Which means on my days off it's unsurprising to still find me in bed (awake) until late afternoon if I choose to leave it at all.

And....that makes it difficult to do things in the mornings.
As with Warm Bed calling, those other tasks just...don't seem as important. Especially if there is no time limit related to them and you can do them later.

Even with a time limit....
Mornings make it seem much less pressing than it did the night before.

Like....going out and getting myself a Taco Bell Sausage Crunchwrap. lol

Which unfortunately is one of those 'time limit' things that also happens in the mornings.

I usually can't get myself a crunch wrap because I work mornings. And since they're only available for 'breakfast' the only time I can get said crunchwrap....is on my days off.

I mean on the once-in-a-blue moon occurrence of me having a super short shift at work.....it's hard to get to said favorite breakfast food. lol

Which is where the force of the Warm Bed comes in.

I mean, if I was on top of it, I could have a crunchwrap every week on my day off.
But I'm not.
I've been 'trying' -as in thinking about- to get a crunchwrap for the past couple of months really.

And time and time again Warm Bed won out, keeping me in its warm embrace long after the time of Crunchwraps finished for the day.

But today.
I resisted.

I may have stayed up super late last night reading lol, but that didn't stop me from taking the extra measure of setting an alarm to wake myself up with enough time to get to said Crunchwrap.

....It took a lot of persuasion to actually get out of bed and stumble out the door with me still half fogged with sleep.
But I managed it!

Out the door.
Walking like a Zombie...okay Driving like a Zombie to the nearest Taco Bell....

Where I FINALLY succeeded in ordering and eating my Crunchwrap.

Ah. Heaven. So tasty.

lol.
So yah, this time, I managed to force myself to leave Warm Bed's embrace and fulfill my longing for that delicious piece of heaven.

I wonder when the next time I'll get one will be..... lol

Until you next read these words
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment