Sunday, December 25, 2016

True Winter

Merry Christmas!!
Hope you all had a fantastic day. :)

To say I love snow is a bit of an understatement.
I love it when it covers the ground and falls from the sky. ^^

So when our winters are rather....dry and whiteless...
It's rather depressing

And unfortunately, Happy Valley is notorious for getting just a fraction of what the rest of the state does. So I've had to deal with rather snowless winters for the past five years or so it feels like.
In reality it's probably just the past two.
Where it feels like it snowed once before Christmas, and then once on Christmas and that was it.

>.<
So depressing.

So to say that we were supposed to get in a statewide snow storm on Christmas Eve.
Had me excited. :D
I didn't even care that I had to drive in the storm.
So long as I would finally get some snow, I would be happy.
-As it snowed once before Thanksgiving and hadn't snowed since.

To say I was disappointed when Kikay and I drove up in a rain storm and not a snow storm was an understatement.
I love driving in snow. Rain, not so much.

But as the sun set, and the night grew colder, the rain turned to flakes.
And Oh!!
What glorious glorious whiteness appeared on Christmas Morning.
It wasn't a dusting of snow.
Or a couple of inches of snow.

No it was snow so thick and still falling that Church was cancelled.
Snow so deep that it came nearly to my knees.

It was snow that brought me back to my childhood.

Simply put.
It was amazing!!

Snow. Snow EVERYWHERE!! HAHA!!!

And getting back home to College Town, showed that we'd gotten snow here as well!! About half as much as Home Town, but still!! SNOW!!
Enough that hopefully it won't melt in the next couple of days and I'll be able to enjoy true winter for a while. ^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment