Friday, December 9, 2016

The Exhausted Annoyance

It was probably the sleep exhaustion that made it more annoying than it was.
I knew the exhaustion was coming.
After all, I hadn't had enough sleep for the past little bit.
Not enough at night, no chance for naps during the day.

And Yesterday Morning, I totally felt the wall.
The wall of exhaustion where I really just needed to crash for a couple of hours at least.
And I couldn't.
Because I was at work for a full shift.

I did what I could to fight off the sleep deprived effects.
Tempered unfortunately by the fact that the Vending Machine holding the Caffeine decided to eat my dollar and not give me the Mountain Dew I desperately needed to give me an energy boost.

-Thankfully my roommate was home and could grab me one and bring it to work for me. Which was a godsend. That helped me survive. lol.

But, before the soda came.

I had an encounter with one of my managers.
That started out simple enough.

I'd been expecting an order of supplies I desperately needed to come in.
Only they hadn't come in on the truck when it showed up.
So I had asked the manager if he'd ordered any.

Because I had given him the supply order list, the same day that I'd given him a list of heating bulbs I needed for the reptiles as a few had burnt out and we didn't have any for me to use.

This was the supply order I had given him because he'd asked if we'd done one yet last week and I'd told him no. So he had me quickly get the order done.
And I had.
I'd placed it on the desk he was sitting at, he'd grabbed it, he'd placed it with the list of lightbulbs I'd already given him.

And then apparently completely forgot about the whole incident.

It was like he couldn't remember at all!
We'd spent a good ten minutes trying to find the nonexistent order before he was like "Oh, was it the order that we had on Monday? Because we found one floating around the desk on Monday."
I looked at it.
Recognized my handwriting.
And told him. "I didn't do an order this week, that's from last week."
But he kept insisting it was from Monday.

NO. NO IT WASN'T!!

I told him I'd given him the order when I'd asked him to get lightbulbs which was on Thursday since I didn't work Friday.
And he was like "I didn't work Friday so how could you give me the order."
"Because I gave it to you Thursday. I don't work Friday either."
"Well, when did you have me order the lightbulbs"
"On Saturday"
"You didn't give me an order then."
"No, because I gave you a list of lightbulbs on Thursday along with the order from for supplies, you had the lightbulb list taped to the computer on Saturday! You had it all together!"
"No, this wasn't there on Thursday, you didn't give me a supply list Thursday otherwise I would have ordered it."
"You were sitting right here at the desk, I placed it right here by the mouse, had you put the lightbulb list with it."
"And when did I order lightbulbs?"
"Saturday."
"But there was no supply list."
"No cus I gave you that on Thursday."


Oh. So. Very. Frustrating.
Probably more frustrating because I was sleep deprived and to the point of mental and emotional exhaustion that the whole conversation basically left me fighting back tears.

Because I can't believe he couldn't remember!!
I also couldn't believe that he didn't believe that I would remember.
He should know me well enough -and he asks questions a lot- to know that I remember things and know things other people don't.

Yet here he was.
Trying to convince me that this order was from Monday, that I'd never given him an order when he'd specifically asked me for an order on Thursday and I'd given it to him on Thursday expecting him to order it!!
AGH!!

In all honesty. I'd given it to him when he was on the computer, so he probably hadn't been paying attention to me and what I was giving him as he was doing some sort of management computer stuff. So it's not that surprising that he didn't remember.
But due to exhaustion, it just was like "the tip of the iceberg" moment.

This manager is known for not remembering things. If anything you have to have it down on paper and tell him verbally everyday in order for him not to forget and still he can forget.

I just really don't like it....when he pulls the "I don't remember card."

Because yesterday it felt more like "Oops I made a mistake but I'm going to pretend that I didn't and that it's all your fault that you didn't get the supplies you needed and won't get them until next week."

I don't like it when people try to make me doubt myself.
And that's probably where the frustration lay.
That he was trying to convince me that I wasn't remembering correctly when I was.

*exhales*

So yah. Had a mini break down at work over that. Thankfully once I had some Dew in me I was able to calm down out of my sleep deprivation funk and actually think more rationally.

In any case. I made sure the supplies were ordered before I left work.
So hopefully we'll get them before I desperately need them....

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment