Sunday, December 11, 2016

Too Much Noise?

Noise is one of those things that I can't always stand.

A repetitive sound or something unexpected can easily get on my nerves.
Whether it's a screaming child, a squeaky toy, or chattering people behind my back.

Certain sounds can get on my nerves. Make me tense. Give me a quick headache.

Which is why when I go for things...I like to have quiet.

Understandably, fish tanks are never quiet.
There's always a flow of water, the buzzing of a filter or air pump.

Which I suppose means most people think I'm crazy for getting a large fish tank.
Which would mean trickling water. Which would mean filters that could make noise.

A combination of things that I don't like actually.
It's part of the reason why I stopped having fish tanks in my room.
Because I couldn't sleep with the repetitive trickling water sound.

So getting a large tank....
Yah.
Good thing it wasn't going in my room. lol.

In any case.

Once I set up my fish tank and put on the filters and plugged them in....

I was rather surprised at how loud the filters were. O.o

Maybe I was just being myself. Sensitive to the noise.
I figured I'd give it a day or so.

But honestly. For filters who were supposed to be quiet....
They sounded like a large bubbling brook.
One that echoed in the room I'd placed the tank in.
I could hear it all over.
And it seemed to drown out the TV.
Which meant it was crazy loud right?

Who knew.
After a couple of days, I couldn't stand it and asked my roommate if it was loud or if I was crazy.

Thankfully.
My roommate agreed.
It was loud.

So I went into quick action, went back to work, and bought a different filter one that I'd observed in action and appeared to be quiet.
Therefore. I bought it.
Just one.
Since my tank needs two.
I bought just one to test it against the other as to which was nosier.

The new one was quieter.
So I went back to the store and bought a second one.

And oh, what a relief.

The tank isn't quiet by any means.
But it's a lot quieter than the bubbling brook that it was before.
Nor is it at irritating levels.

Yay!
It's just a background noise now that I can drown out.
-Though when I get my headaches I'll probably be unable to stay in the room with the tank. lol. Any noise at that point is too much noise.

Still for now.
I'm happy. ^^
I love my tank.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment