Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Treatment Issue?

I ventured into 'enemy' territory today.

Why?

Well, you see.
Last night, my roomies actually came downstairs where my newest passion -my 125 gallon fish tank- resides.
I believe they were looking for Christmas Decorations.
But it's hard to not get sucked into staring at my beautiful -if still sparsely decorated fishtank- and get caught up watching the fish I have in there swim about.

Which was when my sister noticed something odd about my biggest fish.
Big Ben -the Oranda Goldfish.

She noticed that there was something white trailing off of Ben's head.
Honestly it looked like a little worm or something. :S Which would be bad...I don't want parasites in my tank!!
But not unexpected in the tank having issues as a) its new b) I introduced fish from a different fish tank and c) a couple of my precious fish decided to die for unknown reasons.
So to see a visible issue on the King of the tank.
Yah...not comforting.

But not much I could do about it when it was nearly midnight. heh.
So I made a mental note to possibly pick up something tomorrow or check and see if it was still there in the morning.

Only for Kikay to text me a little bit later to say she looked up what Big Ben had and discovered it was some type of fungal thing.
...Still think it's a parasite....as fungal things...while white don't always look like that. But *shrugs* I learn new things everyday. lol
As she was really concerned about Big Ben since he is my top Favorite in the tank. And she didn't want Ben to die and make me sad.
^^ Love my sister lol.
So she looked up the info told me it, and I made yet another note to go see if I had any fungal treatment at work when I got in this morning.

*exhales*
And here's where "giant fishtank" becomes a problem.
Because often medical treatments for Parasites, Bacteria, and Fungal issues...come in smaller doses.

Which with a 125 gallon tank....Obviously I'm not going to get far on 'small doses'
So packets and tablets for treating my fish were definitely out because I would have to buy like 6 of those if not more to treat my tank for the full prescribed time.

Which meant liquid solutions.
As liquid goes a lot farther than tablets or powders lol.

Unfortunately.
The particular liquid solution for Fungal that I was looking for....
We didn't have in stock.

And I vaguely remembered us being out of stock on it last week...
Which either means people have been buying it as soon as it goes on the shelf....
Or our inventory thinks we have more bottles than we do and so they haven't sent us more because they think we don't need more. (which could mean theft, or inaccurate shipping or numerous other things.)

In any case.
We didn't have the liquid solution.
And while I could wait and see if our next truck would have the Fungal Treatment within the multitudinous boxes.....

I figured its better to start treating my fish sooner rather than later.
Which meant....
A visit to the competition.

I haven't set foot in that store since I first started working at Starsmet, as idle curiosity drove me to go there in the first place. lol
Needless to say they've redecorated a bit moving aisles about and such since I last walked in those doors.

Thankfully they did have the chemical in stock.
and I took the opportunity to look around and see what they had.
Before I paid for the treatment and left.

Hopefully I don't have to subject myself to going into the competition again any time soon.
But hey, at least I have the treatment for my fish now!

lol Though when I got home....the odd white thingy on Ben's head was gone....
Soooo we may have been worried for nothing.
*shrugs*
Still. It doesn't hurt to treat the system just to be safe.

:)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment