Friday, December 16, 2016

Nameless

It took four years.
Four years and one unguarded moment.

...For me to loose my name tag for work.

Honestly, I don't know when or how it happened.
But I'm rather miffed that it did.
Four years!
FOUR YEARS I've had the same badge and it had to go and vanish for me!

>.< I'm seriously wondering if my badge didn't like the work shirt I'd grabbed that morning to put my name tag on or what. Maybe it didn't like the brand of laundry soap I used? Who knows.

I do know that I had it while I was cleaning the bird cages, as the badge did make it to work with me and to that point....

But after that....I honestly don't know.

I noticed it was gone after I'd finished putting away the store supplies that we'd gotten in for my department.
Which involved a lot of lifting of large bags that were heavy.

As I was finishing the task, I heard a little Plink, but looked and didn't see anything.
Two minutes later as I finished taking out the trash....
I looked down and realized that my name tag was missing.

So quickly putting two and two together, I went back to where I heard the 'plinking' noise and quickly found the back of my name tag.

-As they're magnetic. So one quick jerk at said name tag and it quickly falls away from your clothes.

But I couldn't find the front.
Still can't find the front.

It's like it's vanished into thin air!
Though by now I'm thinking it probably fell into the trash while I wasn't looking and now it's in a dumpster somewhere. Y_Y foo. I liked that name tag.
I mean, I searched high and low.

And it's not like it's in some grimy corner either.
Because this event happened the day BEFORE we had some 'important' visitors come into work. So we were cleaning like crazy already, sweeping out all the dusty musty corners.
Which meant....if I was going to find my tag....I would have found it already.

And I haven't.

*exhales*
It was not good.
Because. Visitors.
Important Visitors.
Visitors who don't like it when you're not wearing your name tag at work.

lol.
I brought this up the next day.
Just before said visitors showed up.
And my Head Manager offered to let me borrow his name tag and he'd take the hit for not having one.
So for like 10 minutes I had a guy's name on my shirt. lol.
Until Second In Command commented that we had blank name tags in a drawer.

So I was able to give back Head Manager his name.
And again take on my own.
With a new name tag.

Which is great!
I didn't have to worry about being nameless at work anymore.

But I'm still miffed that my original tag has disappeared.
I liked that tag....

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment