Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Walking In The Doors

It's not easy recognizing people when I'm in 'work' mode.

As 'work' mode basically means my vision is filtered into 'customer' recognition. Where I see a person with needs before I actually see the person.

Which makes it difficult if I have to walk away from said customer and I'm not paying attention to what they look like....as it makes it difficult to 'recognize' them when I go back to find them with what I've found out for them.

Were they wearing a black jacket or red?
Was it a woman with brown hair or blue?
Older man or younger man?
Did they have two kids that were boys or a boy and a girl?

lol. Some days I'm a bit better at taking note of who I'm actually looking at than others.
But in most cases....I see the need. "There's a customer who needs me to check to see if something is in the back." "There's a customer who needs a filter." "A customer who needs crickets" "A customer who just bought a parakeet."

So you can imagine my delight.
When I happened to look up from my task to see a familiar figure walking through the door.
A 'not customer' figure.

In fact. It was one of my friends. lol. Who happened to have the day off and decided to drop by and visit as well as spoil me with a Dr. Pepper and Chocolate. XD lol.

Needless to say,
For someone who ended up not recognizing their own brother when he visited work.
I was rather ecstatic that I recognized my friend right away.
There was no hesitation.
A look. A blink. and then FRIEND!! lol.

-Granted it was like two years ago that I didn't recognize my brother, so probably my skills in recognizing people I actually know while I'm in 'work' mode has gotten better.

Probably. lol.

In any case.
It was a fun surprise to have someone randomly drop by to see me.

And thankfully they dropped by in a lull. So I only had to help out a handful of customers while we chatted and caught up as I hadn't seen my friend in a while. :)

Definitely a day booster that was. :D lol
I can't wait for the next random visitor to drop by and say hi. :D

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment