Tuesday, May 30, 2017

A Surprise Offer

Admittedly, I had a moment's of hesitation when I walked into my favorite Wendy's to get my usual food combo and saw that the manager's of the establishment were in a meeting....a table away from my usual table that I sit at. 
Usually when I come in to the managers in their meeting, they're sitting at a table in the corner of the store, away from everyone else.
I have no idea as to why they picked the table in the center of the store. *shakes head*
Maybe it better fit all the people there? Who knows.

Still, after a moment's hesitation, once I got my order, I went ahead and sat at my usual table.
Because why not?

I quickly got distracted with eating my food, writing, and texting friends and family, etc. 

And while I could hear the manager's conversation, I basically let it go in one ear and out the other. 

Until I heard something that caused me to look up. 
I honestly can't remember what it was. 

But it basically was one of the managers saying something along the lines of "Her name is Sarnic, she always orders the crispy chicken and dr. pepper and comes in regularly. I know her! It's totally fine." 
I looked up halfway through that sentence, to see a couple of the managers looking in my direction.
And I did what I usually do and waved and said Hi. and basically said "Yep! I'm here like twice a week!" lol. 

From what I could gather one of the managers was concerned I'd been listening into their meeting or something? And the other manager was reassuring them it was fine? And I told them. "Yah....I wasn't listening actually." 

And somehow or another, a different manager ended up asking me: 
Do you want some Oreo Cake?

As it was apparently one of the manager's last days of work....only it wasn't...because they'd agreed to come in and work Monday....so the cake was now a "Farewell, but Welcome Back" sort of cake now? lol. (I did hear conversations, but only bits of it. Enough to puzzle together what was happening at least.)
In any case.

Can you imagine my surprise and glee at being offered cake?! 
By managers.
In a store that I don't work at? 
lol. 

IT WAS AMAZING!

It was like I'd just leveled up or something lol. 
Because I don't know if the managers would have offered cake to anyone if it had been someone else in there. Or if there had been other customers sitting and eating. 
I mean...I got cake when only the managers got cake and none of the workers did. (at least from what I could tell or saw) 

And ah.
I feel so special lol.

The cake was delicious too. lol. 

There are definitely benefits to being a regular. That's for sure. ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment