Friday, May 26, 2017

The Cluster Patch

Bugs are weird.
Especially the ones that like to bite people.
Aka. Mosquitos. 

Because of where they choose to bite really. 
Like. It seems like they like to cluster into similar areas. 
Which is probably easily explained in that they're probably all biting in the same area because that was the one area of exposed skin where they could get at you.

So.
A couple of evenings ago. 
I actually ventured outside towards the evening to sit out on the patio where we were staying.
You know, enjoy some of the cooler temperatures now that the sun was going down.
Only, since the sun was disappearing and the area was cooling...that meant that all the bugs were now becoming active. 
With the disappearance of the heat of killing sun, the bugs came out in force. Including the mosquitos.
Which, honestly, I had half expected them to not be down here in the southern red rocks because it's so hot. I thought their little bodies wouldn't handle it.
Goes to show what I know lol.
As I noticed the little buggers flying around.
But didn't see any of them land on me.

However, I'm feeling their effects even now in one particular area.

My foot.

Because I had chosen to sit outside barefoot, and hadn't been paying attention to that section of my body...
It's now dealing with multiple bite spots.
Two on the arch of my foot, one on the middle toe, two more on the left side of my ankle and possibly one on the right side of my ankle. 

And ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know how antagonizing it is to have bites on your feet? 
Super antagonizing. 
Because your feet brush up against everything.
It's not like a bite on your arm where you can forget about it and it will go away.
No because feet wear socks and shoes and feet are always moving because you're always twitching and walking and basically rubbing material against the bites which in turn makes them flare up and itch even more and GAH. 

I can only hope that the bites will settle down in the next day or so.
Because it's so. very. annoying currently. 

And I've totally made up my mind.
I'm never going outside again. 
;)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment