Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The Noise War

There's been a war going on at my work.
And I would say it's a 'silent' war.
Only...the war is over music.
And music isn't silent lol.

You see, in our break room, there's a dial that controls the volume of the music being played on the speakers overhead.
And that volume dial has numbers from 0-10.
Which 10 would probably be "make your ears bleed" loud.
I dunno, I've never put it that high.

In any case.
Recently.
Like the past month or so.

I've been in a war with a mysterious person or persons.
Who seem to like the concept of the music being loud enough that you can't hear yourself think.

Of course...me being super sensitive to noise/volume.
I may just be thinking the music is louder than it actually is.

As usually I like to have the music in the breakroom hovering at like a one.
Where it's hearable, and you can hear the calls for manager or backup cashier when they come.
But it's quiet enough that you can focus on other things.

However,
Whenever I come in in the morning.
The volume has been turned up slightly louder at 2 or 3 or occasionally 4.
Which when I hear it, it makes me wince because it's too loud.

So I automatically turn it down to more 'bearable levels'

It's a recurring thing between me and my mysterious rival.
As I dunno if it's someone from the evening shift, or if it's one of the guys who shows up to work before me.

In either case.
I'm not going to let them win this war.
I'm going to keep the music low.
So I can think and relax on my break and not be antagonized by too much noise.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment