Wednesday, May 24, 2017

All the Same

I'm pretty sure I did a post about this at some point when I got back from my cruise earlier in the year.
But honestly.
I still wonder.

Why is it that gift stores all sell the same things? 

Am I just crazy to think that when I was younger, that the stores were more unique? 
I mean, I know that every store is going to have that "buy this item with your name on it." or will sell t-shirts. I remember that.

But I feel like recently....
The stores have gotten boring.
It's like every store set up to cater to tourists....sells the exact same things. 
The only thing that changes is the location within the store and the price. 

I would think that stores would make it more of an effort to stay unique from each other. 
*exhales*
But I guess more people listen to the call of money than the call to be unique.
If they see an item is selling from one store...why not import it and sell it yourself so YOU can make that money! 

*exhales*
Only everyone gets that idea.
So suddenly everyone has said item.
And....none of the tourists are buying said item because every store has it. 
It's no longer unique.
It no longer gets the attention it once did from most tourists.

*shakes head* 
Perhaps I've traveled too much....
Maybe others wouldn't see the stores as being all the same...
Maybe....

Who knows.
I just know that when I find a store that has unique items.
Oh. That's the most exciting thing ever.
It's like a diamond in the rough. 

So here's to trying to find that unique diamond in the rough of a store. :) 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment