Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Guided Everywhere

There's been an interesting difference to our trip this time around.
In that namely we have had tour guides everywhere we've visited.

Which is so weird.
I mean, having someone guide you around a place isn't an uncommon occurrence....
It's just that...they normally don't occur...huh, well usually I'm used to there being people guiding us around when we're out on cruises and such.
But when my family is a bit closer to home, (if currently a couple of states away) we tend to go exploring on our own. Forgoing the guided tours to strike out and see what we see and learn what we learn.

Here...in the south...not so much.
O.o 
Everywhere we go....we basically can't go somewhere unless there's a person guiding us to the place of interest, or waiting for us at the point of interest. 

It's just....weird. lol.
I mean, it's impressive that the people here are so into protecting their sites that limit the hours they're open and don't let people come close unless there's someone present on site. 

But I definitely miss the quiet.

While it's interesting to listen to the guide tell us about the history of the place, or what they believe certain symbols mean, or when people were here, or why they left, or any other various topics regarding wildlife, plants, artifacts, history, etc etc. 

There are days where I just want to relax.
Sit at the spot.
Listen to the sounds of nature around me,
and draw my own conclusions on what could have possibly occurred in this spot in the past. 

With the tours?
Definitely no time at all for quiet introspection. 

*shakes head*

I miss it. The quiet. The lack of people talking and telling me things. 
Sometimes. I just want to be.

Especially when I'm in my favorite red rock energy zone!
Where I just want to sit, let the heat of the rocks soak into me, and just enjoy being there in the moment. 

Guess we'll see if I can find that quiet moment before we return back to CollegeTown. ;) 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment