Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Not A Customer

Okay.
I have to say that this honestly hasn't happened to me before at work.
Which considering I've been at work longer than almost everyone else...
Is surprising.

What happened?

Well.
There I was.
Focused on a task.

Which when I get super focused on said tasks, I have trouble comprehending 'non work' related things. Like that one time my brother dropped by and I didn't recognize him. lol.

This wasn't that sort of thing.

I was in the middle of scrubbing tanks.
Trying to go as fast as I could without killing my arm, because, while work wasn't as busy as it was yesterday, I was still dealing with customers consistently enough that if I didn't finish scrubbing soon...I would never finish.

So that was my frame of mind.
Scrub. Hurry. Scrub. Hurry.
I was completely focused on my task, focused on the tank in front of me.
When I heard a customer say behind me. "Hey can you help me get some fish."
Not looking up, I was like "Sure what fish do you need?"
There was silence, so I looked up expecting to see a customer.

And instead there stood one of the stockers with a bit of a smirk on his face.
lol *shakes head*
He'd altered his voice to sound more like a girl and then pretended to be a customer.

Honestly, I don't know what he was thinking when he did that.
But I'm pretty sure he was like. O.o That worked?!?! lol.

He actually asked me: "Did you think I was a customer?"

For a split second I thought about saying. "NO. I was just playing along."
But I doubted I could pull it off. So I shrugged and said; "Yah, you did."

And he got such a happy expression on his face before he walked away. lol.

I guess he didn't expect to fool me like that?
Which, honestly, if I had looked up before I answered I would have saved myself from looking kinda foolish.
But hey, it made his day. *shrugs*

Of course, if it was him trying to scare me I doubt it would have worked.
Pretending to be a customer....yah, it will probably get me every time if I'm focused on a task or not looking around when the 'customer' approaches.

>.>
<.<
Guess I'll have to keep an eye out and see if he tries it again lol.


Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment