Friday, May 19, 2017

It's Not So Simple In Zombie Mode

Yesterday was a day of....well torturing myself really.
Because I'm apparently super stubborn. lol.

So.
It was one of those nights where my brain decided to dream that I was getting ready for work, already at work....when I woke up for reals to go to work.
Considering that I'd already done the whole 'prep' thing (albeit less successfully) in my dream, it seemed like my brain/body hadn't gotten enough rest.

I hadn't thought much about it when I actually got up.
Because I'm always a little bit sleepy when it comes to waking up....
But as I got into work, and still felt tired...fatigued....I knew...today was going to be rough.

If I was already super tired and I hadn't even been at work an hour yet....the rest of my 8 hour shift was going to be torture.

Still, I thought that I could make it through easily enough. Just buy myself a Dr. Pepper for a caffeine fix, and that should be able to get me through the day until I could go home and take a much needed nap.

The Problem?
The vending machine at work was all out of Dr. Pepper.
Y_Y
I mean....I could have bought another caffeinated drink. Mountain Dew, CocaCola, etc.
But....it doesn't give me the same boost as Dr. Pepper does.

So fatigued brain thought it was a great idea to just go without any caffeine through work.
Which meant I ended up feeling like a bit of a zombie the entire shift. lol.
Thankfully, the naps I took on break seemed to help me survive at least.

And I was more than grateful to get off work.
Only....I couldn't go home yet.

You see, I needed to reregister my car, or whatever it's called...basically go get it's safety and emissions tests done so that I can be street legal to drive my car or whatever.

It should have been the sort of thing where I could have been like "Oh, I'll just do that a different day."
However.
I was on a deadline.
As I'm heading out of town for nearly the rest of the month.
And if I didn't do it now....waiting til the last two days before the month ends to get registered....just seems like an all around bad idea. I mean...what if something happens and I can't get whatever I need to get done, done before the month ends? I'd be driving around illegally that's what.

So. Forcing myself and my lagging energy into my car.
I drove over to the nearest Jiffy Lube, telling myself that I could survive another hour to get my car checked out before I went home to take a nap.

Only to find out as I pulled up to that Jiffy Lube....that they currently couldn't do both parts of the inspection. They didn't have the equipment...which I found odd as I could have sworn I had that particular location do my check last year....So perhaps their machine was broken or anything.

Nearly I thought about calling it quits then and there,
But the people told me that their sister location up on Center had both services available. And that was only like a five minute drive up the road.
So....I drove up the road.
And thankfully the procedure was quicker than expected.
The guy was like "You're all set! We just need to print out---Oh."
And you know what that OH was?
It was the OH of REJECTION.
My car hadn't passed it's safety.
-Which proved to me that it was a good thing I hadn't waited until the end of the month to get this check done.
Because what did I need to do to pass the inspection?

Replace 3 of my 4 tires.

Which since I was replacing 3 of them...might as well replace all four right? Right.
And they needed to be replaced because the tires had gone into 'second rubber'
Which...is probably a bad thing.
Well, definitely a bad thing lol. Since it meant that I Didn't Pass my inspection. >.< Boo.

And at that point I was like... Great.
Because here I was. In full on Zombie Mode of Fatigue.
And the easy little check....wasn't so easy.
Because I now needed to go spend $$$$$ on Tires to get my car fixed.
Ugh.

So I did what I could only think of doing at that point in time.
I went to Wendy's. To get myself my comfort food of a Crispy Chicken Sandwich, Fries, and of course, a much needed Dr. Pepper while I debated about what to do.
Did I get the tires today?
Did I try to get them tomorrow before work?
Did I ask Kikay to go get my cars tires for me while I'm out of town?
Do I wait until I get back and try my luck there?

In the end....with the help of the Dr. Pepper.
and the fact that there was a Discount Tires Store just across the way from Wendy's.
I bit the bullet of not getting my nap for a while longer, and drove to the tire store.

Why that particular one?
Because the last time we'd bought tires for my car, it had been at a Discount Tires in Hometown.
And apparently that meant that my car would be on their records, which would mean I could just request that they replace the tires with the same ones I had had before.

Though it seemed like everyone and their dad had that same idea.
As there were three other customers in line before me, and five or so others who came in after I was helped, all with problems with their tires.

Mine? 
Easy enough. Just needed to get all four replaced.
lol. Apparently the last time we got new tires for my car it was 2012. 
:S
Five years.
Yikes.

I didn't know if that was a long life span, short life span, or if I was flirting with danger for having not replaced the tires sooner than that.

So I asked, cus my curious nature had to know. 
Turns out tires are good for 3-5 years.
Therefore, I was still on the 'good long lasting tire' route which meant that I hadn't worn the tires down before their time. I was 'just right.'

In any case. It wasn't simply an easy "replace them with the same tires" because wouldn't you know it? They'd discontinued the making of that particular tire. Who knows how long ago.
But thankfully the rep guy made my life easy and just said "These ones are comparable, basically the same thing." and tired me was like "Great. How long is this going to take?" 

It took 45 minutes. Which surprisingly was how long they said it would take when I asked for an estimate. lol. and 30 of that minutes? Was spent waiting for them to actually get to my car. So you have to admire that they replaced all four tires and got them balanced and such in 15 minutes. 
(It's not Nascar...but still that's pretty quick.) 

And so $$$$$ spent and one exhausted me later.
I had new tires! Woot!

By this point I was totally ready to just curl up on the floor and sleep.
So I was like "Yah, not going to try and go back to Jiffy to get myself approved." 
I could wait until I got back from vaca and get it done then. 

Only, I apparently like to torture myself by seeing how long I could actually function awake....
And as I drove past another Jiffy Lube (the third one I'd gone to that day) I decided to pull in and see if they could help me out. I mean...it would only take like 10 minutes right for them to recheck my car. Right?

Wrong.
As unfortunately I'd chosen to show up half an hour before the place closed. 
And this particular Jiffy Lube was pretty busy with cars. Too busy to accept me for the day.
Though they suggested that I could try a Fourth Jiffy Lube that was just like six blocks down and see if they could get me in before close. 

Ha.
Ha.

No. 
I'd already been rejected at 2 of the 3 Jiffy Lubes I'd already visited.
I wasn't about to try my luck at a fourth.
Especially so close to closing.
And so close to me loosing my mind because guys....I needed to crash. Hard. In my bed. And Sleep. 

So I went home and did just that.
I crashed for 3 hours, which helped to pull me out of zombie mode if not fatigue mode. lol. 

In any case....looks like I'll be getting my car approved after I get back from vaca. 
But at least my stress levels are lower now that I got my car's tires fixed and such. So yay for that. :) 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment