Friday, May 4, 2018

Different Methods

I really should create a personality test based off of how my coworkers do bedding changes for the first time.
Because I'm sure there's a connection there. 

*shakes head*

So yesterday, my coworker decided that she wanted to do the Bird Bedding change instead of opening up the rest of the department.

Which, this particular coworker, while new to our store, has worked with Starsmet before. 
So like, I was confident she knew what she was doing.
And even remembered that while she may have worked in one of our sister stores....the cage set ups for the birds aren't the same in each location.

So I gave her some tips on how to clean the cages.
Like the fact that you can't just put all the dirty bedding into one bag as it becomes waaaaay too heavy to lift, so you need divide out the cages in half and put half the dirty bedding in one bag, and the other half in the other so it's easier to move about.
I also told her that there were trays in the bottom of the cage that were removable. 
So like, she could just poor the bedding from the tray into the trash. 

And I figured. "Yep! It's all clear now!" 

*exhales*

I really need to keep in mind that what I think is clear...is often not clear.

Lol. 
Because seriously, it's interesting the different methods my coworkers take to clean out the birds. 
-Which also differ slightly in what I remember to tell said coworkers before I set them on their task. 

But like....
What I usually do is I go into all the cages and take out all the toys, nets, hay balls, branches, food and water dishes, etc. 
And go put it all in the sink to soak. 
Then return and clean half the cages via pulling out the tray and dumping it into the large garbage can I dragged over there for that purpose, before cleaning tray and the windows of the cage, putting new bedding in the bottom of the tray, and putting it all back and moving onto the next cage.
Then once all the cages are clean, I go grab the stuff that was soaking in the sink and clean it/rinse it off and go put it back in the cage. 

So like...I try to minimize how often I need to go back and forth and such. 

My coworkers don't always do that. 

I've had coworkers not realize that they need to clean the windows.
Others not realize that the trays can be removed.
Still others don't know that the branches that have metal holders keeping them in place...can be slid up and out of the groove so you don't have to take apart the holder from the branch.... 

While others choose......
Well like we have this tiny enclosure, that can only fit in two people at most inside of it, that we go into the catch birds and feed them and such.

Me, I usually have a large garbage can outside that door, and work outside of the enclosure where I have a bit more space to move around.

But I had a coworker try and get all the bedding and the trash can and themselves into the small enclosure and clean the cages entirely from within....which sooo awkward and cramped. 
-All because they didn't want to deal with opening and shutting the door constantly.

And my coworker today did something similar, where she had a large garbage bag -without the garbage can- and was also working from inside the enclosure by pouring the bedding into the garbage bag and ....I don't know what else they were doing in there....

But it seemed more awkward.....

Plus...this coworker worked only a couple of cages at a time.
Taking the decorations out of two or three cages, cleaning them, cleaning the cages, and then putting them back before moving onto the next set of cages.

Which I've noticed my coworkers doing for this and other bedding changes as well. Where they take it a section at a time. 

So I'm sure that says something about their mindset and mine....
Where I take everything out all at once from all the cages.
And they take a little out at a time from one side or one section of cages. 

Like it could show how I see the big picture and how to work everything out so that the big picture can come together.
While my coworkers see the little picture and work to fit the little pieces together and put a piece together at a time to eventually form the bigger picture....

*shakes head*

It just goes to show....that we're all different lol. 
And I really need to remember to give slightly more detail to my coworkers in hopes that it will make their lives easier the next time they do said bedding changes. lol. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment