Friday, May 18, 2018

Red. Means. Stop.

So there I was, sitting at a red light, waiting for my turn to cross the intersection.

And like most intersections, there's always those last couple of cars that decide to turn left after their green light changes to red.
Usually it was the one car in the intersection waiting to turn, and maybe the car behind it if it had crept out too far into the intersection behind the first car.
And like...okay the third car, I could see as well....

Like it happens.
People aren't patient.
They want to get to their places fast.
And sitting an extra couple of minutes at the red light isn't fast. 

But there I was.
And my light had turned green. 

And the expected two cars made the left hand turn on the red.

So I started pulling forward.

Only to see two more cars making that left hand turn.
ON. THE. RED.

O.o Okay? I double checked to make sure that my light was definitely green. 
Which it was. 

So unless the construction happening on this intersection had somehow made both intersections green at the same time.

Those. Cars. Should. Have. Stopped.

But did they?

No. 
TWO MORE CARS as I was moving into the intersection because it was MY TURN also pulled into the intersection to make their left hand turns.
On a light that had definitely been RED for like thirty seconds now. 

SO I Had Enough.
And laid on the Horn.
And honked at those last two drivers as I made my way through.
Because GEEZ guys.
The light had been RED for you.

One driver ducked his head and gave the apologetic "I'm sorry" wave.

But seriously.
Two or three cars I could understand turning on the Red.
Because they could have been a hazard to traffic if they didn't move out of the intersection.

But SEVEN cars?
Turning on a RED light?

Geez guys.
One of you could have been seriously hurt! 
All because you weren't patient enough, or were just being sheep and following the flow of traffic without realizing you should have STOPPED.
Because if it had been a faster street I was on, if It hadn't been me in front.
One of them could have been hit.
Because my lane had the right of way.
And theirs didn't.

*shakes head*

Geez. People. Geez. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment