Monday, May 14, 2018

Service Engine Soon

My check engine light came on this morning right as I was pulling into work. 
Which. O.o 
WHAT?! !WHY!?!!

Because I'd literally taken my car in a week ago to get an oil change and update the safety/emissions thingymababber.
So Like having something go wrong a WEEK later? 
Oh, no. NOT GOOD. 

And it totally didn't help that I had this light turn on right as I was getting to work.
Because a) A mechanic wasn't open yet. and b) I had to be at work.

Which meant that I couldn't go get it checked out...until the end of my shift. 
*exhales*

So I spent much of my workday...worrying about what was wrong with my car.
Like. Did something break? Did they forget to put some fluid in somewhere? 
Like what was the dealeo? 

I WAS JUST THERE!

So I went back to the mechanic after work.
You know, to be like "Hey I was just here and now my check engine light is on what's up?!" 
(but you know much more nicer because I'm a nice person.) 

And they were like "hmmm we'll pull code real quick and see if we can figure it out, but otherwise if we can't find the issue quickly we'll have to run a full diagnostics which is like $80 an hour to do that." 
>.>
Like guys...I already spent money last week on you, I didn't really want to pay another $80 for you to tell me what went wrong that you didn't tell me was wrong last week when I was here. 


*shakes head*

Thankfully it didn't come to that.
No, like ten minutes later.
The dude comes into the waiting area and told me that I was set.

The issue?

The gas cap hadn't been completely shut. 

Which I was like >.> Which mechanic forgot to do that!?!?

Until the dude was like "Yah, whoever filled up the car last forgot to put the cap on tightly, I gave it a full half turn to get it locked in and such." 

()_() 
O.O
o.o 

^^;;
Heh. 
Guess it was my own fault. ^^;; :S 
As I'm the only one who basically ever puts gas in my car.....
Though I am confused as....usually I put the lid on tightly when I put the lid back??
*shakes head*

Who knows, maybe I was distracted, or maybe I thought I put it on tightly...only I hadn't....

Who knows.

But at least it was an easy fix and I was on my way! :) 

^^;;
Note to self. Check the gas cap first if the light shows up again.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment