Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Who Dis?

A blonde came into work today that I didn't recognize. 
A new coworker, though her uniform was partially hidden by her jacket.
She just walked in with the attitude of "I belong here." 

Which great....
But I had no idea who she was.

And it was weird because she walked in the same time as one of my other coworkers was supposed to be showing up.

But like....it wasn't my coworker. 
A replacement? Someone to cover her shift then?
But how? I didn't know this girl.
Didn't recognize her. 
Wasn't even aware that there were any new coworkers expected though I had heard talk of hiring a couple more people.
Yet....I hadn't seen her doing any training.

So it couldn't be this girl was here to replace my coworker right?

Wrong.

Apparently she's a store transfer. 
And in my department.
And had switched shifts with my coworker, so my coworker had worked earlier in the week (when I wasn't there) and now this new person was working her shift. 

Which *exhales*
I hadn't been told.
It's such a failing in our store. The lack of communication. 

And it gets frustrating on occasion because like....I like to know who I'm working with.
Because depending on who I'm working with, depends on how I open the department, depends on how I plan out the day and my breaks and such. 

It gets even more difficult when I'm surprised with training a new person.
Because like...that delays everything. 

*shakes head*
Thankfully, as a store transfer, this new coworker is familiar with how the department runs at least. It's just a matter of showing them where everything is and teaching them the ropes of the quirks and such of the department so they can fit right in.
So not as difficult.

Doesn't mean I didn't like the surprise any less though.

But at least this coworker seems like a good fit so far. So yay!

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment