Thursday, May 31, 2018

Early Birds

It's always Thursdays.

I don't know what it is.
But it's Always Thursdays when customers seem to think that we're open much earlier than we actually are. 

Like....why?
What store ever opens earlier than 9am? 
What makes you think that there's a store open at 6 am or 7 am or 8 am?
Like. It's weird.

I mean. I know that such stores do exist. 
But like. They're rare.
Super rare.

It's more common for opening to happen around 9 or 10 am. 

Yet.

People still think at like 7 am. We're open.
We're not.
....unless you're there to drop off an animal for grooming or for the vet. Then technically those parts of the store are open.
But the main store?
Nope. We're closed for a couple more hours. 

This morning was one of those cases...well two of those cases.

I had just pulled into work. 
Like literally it was 630 am.
And I was standing at the front doors, waiting for one of my coworkers inside to let me into the store as we keep the doors locked until 7am when we open them so that grooming customers have access to dropping off their pets. 

And this black car pulls up behind me.
Again.
It's Six. Thirty. In. The. Morning.

My first thought was that it was a coworker getting dropped off for work. 
As that does happen. 
But no.

The window in the back seat rolls down and a little boy sticks his head out and asks me "Excuse me, what time do you open?" 

I look at him and go "Nine." 

"Okay! Thanks!" 

And the car pulled away. 

O.o
Like why in the world were you and your parents up at 630 in the morning?
Why were you in the car?
Why did you decide to stop by my work and see if we were open yet??

*shakes head* 

I didn't think anything more would happen....

But than an hour later at 730.

The manager comes to find me.
Saying that there is a customer wanting to get a bird. 

And I was like. 
O.o
But we're not open yet?!

The manager just kinda shrugged their shoulders in the 'well what can you do manner' and I'm like "YOU CAN TELL THEM WE'RE CLOSED still."
But no. 

Apparently, one of the groomers had tried that already.
They'd told the customer we weren't open yet.
But as said customer was heading out the doors, preparing to come back later, that was when the manager came up to him and was like "Oh! You need a bird?!" 

*exhales* 
Why? 
Just why Manager?
If I were in charge I would politely tell them to leave.
Because We. Are. Closed. And I have things I need to do besides catching birds way too early in the morning. 

Because birds are evil to catch.
Especially parakeets.
And the guy didn't want one.
Oh no.
He wanted TWO of the creatures.

Did I want to be catching two birds that early in the morning?
No.
No I did not. 

But it wasn't only catching two birds.

He was like "Can you put them in this cage for me?"

And gestures to a cage still in it's box.

Not a cage that's already put together.
But in a box.
And needs to be put together.

And was this guy going to put the cage together himself?
oh no.

He wanted me to do it. 

*eye twitch* 
I was like "Sure you don't want them in the box we provide?" As we provide specific boxes to transport animals in.

But nope.
He wanted it in the cage.
And was making no effort to put said cage together.
*rolls eyes* 

Men.

So I pulled open the box and with a bit of fiddling I managed to put the cage together, because despite expectations, I don't put cages together that often. 

And caught the birds.
Put them in the cage.
Showed the dude some food, and toys and checked him out.

And waved him out the door, hoping that the cage wouldn't fall apart as he was leaving (cus like I said, I don't put the things together that often) 

But really.
Who comes into a store so early?
Who doesn't check the hours of the store before coming into the building?

A lot of people apparently. 
*shakes head*

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment