Wednesday, May 23, 2018

You're Serious?

I deal with a lot of jokes and teasing at work.
You know, like prank phone calls about fish dying or jokes by customers in the store about eating the fish when they're bigger and such. 

So, like, I kinda get used to having customers teasing me a bit in that sort of way.
Trying to be funny and such.

Well.
There were two gentlemen who walked in the store today while I was scrubbing fishtanks and were looking about before one of them approached me.
He was looking for a water pump of some kind.
But he didn't know what exactly he was searching for. 

So automatically I thought he was looking for a fish filter.
Like the over the back filters for the tank.
But it could have been a tank for reptiles as well, or maybe he was looking for the bigger canister filters that go underneath the tanks...

So I was like "Do you need it for fish or reptiles?" Just so I could help him find the right sort of filter for the tank set up.

And his response was "Microchips." 

O.o
Huh?
Microchips?
Those are electronics.
Electronics and water DO NOT MIX. 

So automatically I figured he was joking.
and was like "Ha. No, for fish or for reptiles?" 

*exhales*
Turns out he wasn't joking.

He was like "No, I need a water pump to cool down our microchips." 

And I was like. O.o You're serious?! 
-I literally said that I'm pretty sure.

*face palm* 

But like. It's not something you regularly encounter here.
Why would you need water for a computer related thing? It just didn't make sense.

Apparently he was planning to use some mineral oil and something with a radiator and needed to use a circulation pump that had a high mile per gallon ratio so that he could send cool water over whatever area he needed the liquid to flow over so that their $800 microchips wouldn't overheat and melt. 

O.o 
*gulps* 

So I directed him to our circulation pumps and did my best to try and help him out there.....

Hopefully what he bought ended up working.... *fingers crossed*

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment