Saturday, May 26, 2018

Ouch on the Hand

Sometimes I forget how slowly the body heals.
Like. I get injured (like cuts and scrapes and such) and think to myself: "Oh, this will disappear in a couple of days."
*coughs* 
Well...No. That's not how the body works apparently. Despite how many times I think it's the case lol.

So earlier this week, like Tuesday, I ended up...puncturing the palm of my hand. 

Completely by accidently like most of my injuries.

We'd gotten in our shipment of feeder goldfish.
-Which yay. Because we had NONE in our tanks at that point.

In any case.
The company who ships the feeders, likes to bag each size separately (Large in one bag, Smalls in the next, XSmalls in the next) but then put those bags in an even bigger bag.

And that bag is often tied shut with a metal wrap.
Like take a slightly thick rod of metal and twist it around the bag, and that's how the bag is sealed.
*shakes head*
I guess they want to make sure the bag doesn't leak?
Idk.

In any case.

I ended up grabbing the bag wrong on Monday.

In that I grabbed the fish bag by the top...and my hand happened to close around that metal wrap, specifically where the ends stick out.

And like, I felt a slight jolt of pain there, and adjusted my grip to get the bag out of the box so I could cut it open to pull the other bags out of that bag.

And only realized later that my hand was bleeding.
Because the metal end had cut into the skin. I guess in a slight puncture? idk. 

But it happened right at one of the creases in my palm, so like every time I close my hand....it irritates the wound there. 
*shakes head* 

You'd think after a couple of days it would be gone.
But no, not yet.
I mean it's mostly healed now.
But it's irritating me like crazy today.
Itching and such, which is a good sign of healing, but still irritating because a) it still hurts and b) it itches and c) I just want it off my hand. 

Because of course it happened on my left hand.
The dominate one.
The one I do everything with.
Therefore continuously use...and irritate the wound with.

*shakes head* 
Hopefully it fully heals soon. ^^;; 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment