Friday, June 1, 2018

A Chance....Gone

*Exhales*

So I've brought it up a time or two before. 
My High School Reunion.

Because the thing has had me both excited and nervous.
But mostly nervous. 

Because like I haven't seen almost all these people since we graduated. 
And of course it's always the thoughts of 'what will they think of me?!" 
Because I'm seeing all the things that they've accomplished and done and wonder...can I even compare? Is it worth going?

But like.
I wanted to go.
Because a) I want to see my classmates. 
b) I wanted to see if High School Reunions were at all like the Reunions portrayed in books/shows/movies. Cus you know...writer me has to be curious how accurate the tropes are. 
and c) *shrugs* Romantic me was hoping to reconnect. See if any of the guys I crushed on in High School were still single or not. You know. Find True Love. ;) lol. 

It was an event that was probably being built up as more dramatic in my mind than the reality would be. It would have probably been uneventful. 
Listening to people gush about their spouses and see pictures of their children. 
And I would just be there, hanging back in the corner, watching and observing, and only talking to a handful of people. 

*exhales* 

Only.
A couple of days ago.
I got a notice.

My High School Reunion....

Was cancelled. 

:( :( :( :( 

It was depressing really to hear.
I've been lowkey stressing about this even since the beginning of the year.
And now....it's not happening.

Why?
Apparently there was some scheduling conflicts---which weird since this event has been in the works for three months now and suddenly there's conflicts?
And....not enough people had purchased tickets indicating that they were coming....which meant that funds weren't where they needed to be in order to pay for catering and who knows what else. 

>.>
It does make me wonder how many people were planning to come if they couldn't afford the costs of the reunion. 

*exhales*
In any case.
There's talk of holding the reunion at a park....which is what they did for the 5 year thing....we'll see if it actually goes through or not. 

But still....it is disappointing.
To have it cancelled. 
Because even though it was stressing me out....I was looking forward to it. Y_Y 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment