Friday, June 8, 2018

Bringing Out A Talent

I spent today doing something that I haven't done in...well forever. Not since I was in school really. 
I spent the day drawing.

Mostly because I had a concept for a story in my head.
And really just felt it would be better to see the characters visually instead of trying to write out what they looked like. 

So I pulled out a little notebook sized sketchbook I had, grabbed pencils and erasers.

And set to work! :D 

It was really fun to do, though definitely time consuming and my arm/hand is quite cramped now after I've spent all day trying to get the characters to look right. 

Lol 
The amusing thing though,
Was that I took a picture of the first drawing I finished.
So I could be like "Look what I drew!" lol. 

I was really just expecting a "oh that's nice!" sort of response. 

But my friend was like ()_() 
YOU DREW THIS?!

O.o Yah?

"DANG! How come I've never seen this before?!?!? You're so GOOD!" 

^^;; 
Heh...
Ummm. 
Well.... 

*shrugs*
The easy answer is basically: "Because everyone else was doing it." 


I'm the type of person where if I see someone excelling in something....I try to not excel in it too? 
Like it took me a long while to say "I love the Flash" because I had a highschool friend who's favorite superhero was The Flash, so like....I was like "Oh you like him? Okay, he can be your favorite." 
Because I didn't want to compete.
Didn't want to steal their thunder.
Steal their thing.

It's the same thing with drawing.
My family draws, my friends draw, a lot of people I know...well draw.
And I didn't want to steal their thunder by being like "Oh you draw?! Me too!!" 
I wanted them to have their thing and such. 

So I haven't really pursued drawing as a pastime, mostly for that reason.

But today I was bitten by the drawing bug.
So a drawing I went!! :D lol. 
^^;; 

It was fun. So much fun.
And not as difficult (there were difficult parts yes) as I was thinking it would be. 
Mostly because I wasn't trying to draw things from pure imagination.
I ended up googling pictures I could use as references to help me get dimensions and postures right lol. 

But yah.
^^;;
Yay for doing something different today! :D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment