Saturday, June 30, 2018

Beep Beep Beep

So while I was gone on vaca, we ended up with a new fridge.
Because well....our old one -that came with the house mind you- apparently had a hole in it. 

Not quite sure where this hole was.
But basically one day our ice machine stopped working, and then the water machine stopped working, and then we called in the repair guy....
And he looked at it and basically said that someone had created a hole back there...and the pipe/tube thingys had worn out and basically....We needed a new fridge. 

Sooooo

We got a new fridge!

And its interesting....
What sort of technology they put in fridges in this day and age.

Because there I was, leaving the fridge doors open while I was putting away groceries.

When I hear this noise.
Like a ring tone sort of noise.
Only...my roomies usually keep their phones on vibrate.
And....none of them were home. 

I also couldn't see any accidentally left at home phones here either.

And after narrowing down that it wasn't a phone, and wasn't the security alarm....
I realized...
Well the fridge was open....and the sound started after I opened the fridge.
So I looked. and there on the area where you can choose your ice/water options.
Was a flashing light saying ALARM!!!

So I shut the doors....
And the odd musical ringtone noise stopped. 

Apparently they've now placed a feature in fridges where an alarm will go off to alert you when the fridge has been left open.

Which is quite handy, as we've actually had problems with that in the past, of the freezer or the fridge door not being shut firmly enough.

So that's cool that our fridge is looking out for itself!

...but yah....still kinda weird though. New things are weird. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment