Friday, June 22, 2018

Songs

Soo....
Last night. 
We went to a Carnival.
Which is always a slightly weird experience going to those....since I usually go pretty rarely. lol. It's probably been at least 5 or 6 years since the last carnival I've gone to. 

The main reason why we went to this one though was a) to get funnel cakes.
-Which now I know what those look like and they were totally different than what I was expecting. lol. 

But also b) because my friends had discovered that a band called "Amish Outlaws" was playing that night at the carnival. And after listening to some of their music online, they wanted to check them out in person. 

Lol they're a pretty fun and laid back group.
Wanting to interact with the audience and get them dancing and such.

We were encouraged to sing along, stand up, dance, wave our hands, clap, etc. 

Which, me being shy.
I didn't stand up and dance or anything. Just kinda danced in place while sitting. 

And I was singing along to the words of the songs and such.
Managing to avoid getting noticed by them....

Until they started singing Under the Sea from Little Mermaid. 

Because like, how can you not sing to that song?!

So I started singing to it....
And that's when one of the group noticed me.

And he was like "You know all the words to the song and you're just sitting there?! Come up to the front and dance!"

Ha.
No. 

For one. I don't like being in front of a bunch of strangers like that.
Two. It was a bunch of kids under the age of 12 up there currently.
No way would I be joining them. That would just be weird.

So I just grinned, shook my head, and refused to go up. ^^;; 

But it does bring to mind another time a Little Mermaid Song brought guys attention to me.

Back while I was still in college, my ward had a talent show.
One I participated in. 
And there was a quartet of guys who were singing songs for their talent.
They pulled me forward for one of them, and began to sing "Kiss the Girl" from Little Mermaid. 

….yah, I didn't let them kiss me.

But it is interesting that both songs were related to the Little Mermaid. 

>.>
So weird. 

But hey.
I had fun both times. ^^;;

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment