Thursday, June 28, 2018

Praying for Yourself

My dear brethren of the priesthood, though we are from many nations, we are, as Paul said, of "one Lord, one faith, one baptism."
But the strength of the faith within each of us is developed individually, not as a group.

For example, think of the faith of a boy, about eight years of age, who was facing an emergency operation for acute appendicitis.
As he lay on the operating table, he looked up at the surgeon and said, "Doctor, before you begin to operate, will you pray for me?"

The surgeon looked at the boy in amazement and said, "Why, I can't pray for you."

Then the little fellow said, "If you won't pray for me, please wait while I pray for myself."
There on the operating table, the boy got on his knees, folded his hands, and began to pray.
He said: "Heavenly Father, I am only a little orphan boy.
I am awful sick, and these doctors are going to operate.
Will you please help them that they will do it right?
Heavenly Father, if you will make me well, I will be a good boy.
Thank you for making me well."
He then lay on his back, looked up at the tear-filled eyes of the doctors and nurses, and said, "Now I am ready."

His physical recovery was complete, and his spiritual power was developing.

-Russell M. Nelson -Personal Priesthood Responsibilities -October 2003 General Conference

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment