Sunday, June 17, 2018

A Visit

I visited the home ward today.
Meaning the ward I grew up in.

And like...it was definitely different.
Looking over the sparse audience (because a lot of people were gone this weekend)
I only recognized like a dozen people in the ward.
When I used to know like everyone.

But I suppose that's what happens when all the people you grew up with have also grown up and moved out of the ward.
Plus the ward boundaries have adjusted slightly to include more townhomes and such.
So there's a lot more younger couples in the ward now with a handful of older folk. 

I kept expecting to see like all my wardies there. The kids I grew up with and their parents.
But nope.
Only a few familiar faces.

*shakes head*
Totally a weird experience for sure. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment